Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,720   Online: 776

Page 29 of 141 FirstFirst ... 19232425262728293031323334353979129 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Stone:

You have a perfect choice for a new APUG signature!
    I agree.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    That idea by Kodak does not make sense to me. Maybe it has been conveyed wrongly.
    Quite possible, i dont see anything happening anytime soon, Kodak has had plenty of time to produce smaller batches of film if they really wanted to, its not like they dont have the infrastructure in place to do so.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzoomed View Post
    Kodak has had plenty of time to produce smaller batches of film if they really wanted to, its not like they dont have the infrastructure in place to do so.
    I don't believe that is true. Their remaining coating equipment is designed (and suited) for large product runs.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    The shuffling fellow shown in the blurred photo has a beard...

Ken
    Brunner!! That's what I was trying to think of, I think it's they Brunner guy...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Egads!!

I was thinking of that Senior VP of Marketing and Product Development at Freestyle? He has a beard (at least in his company photo). He's American (I assume). And Freestyle already used to sell direct-branded Ferrania products...

Ferrania Solaris 5X Tele Disposable Camera (discontinued)

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Kodaks production is sized for cine cams and cine projection. Stills is a side line.

Their management have also seemed like their production - big and unsuited to change. They held the record for payment after patent compromise for a decade. Not the record you want.

http://m.harrowtimes.co.uk/news/1088...ory_in_Harrow/

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...ns-to-stay-put

https://www.flickr.com/groups/ishoot...7635438027726/

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    I don't believe that is true. Their remaining coating equipment is designed (and suited) for large product runs.
    Thats true, but they must hold smaller coating machines in their research facilities if they really wanted to produce smaller runs of film.
    Its inevitable that its going to prove uneconomic to use their full scale coaters when their market for cine film dries up. The question is whether its worth reinvesting in producing new machinery to make smaller production runs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This topic is about Film Ferrania, can you all just for ONCE leave Kodak out of it?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Film from Italy -- Ferrania starting production 2014

Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    This topic is about Film Ferrania, can you all just for ONCE leave Kodak out of it?
    Ok, this will make you happy then dan, because I hope they make some 8x10 Fim Ferrania so I can shoot it in my new 8x10... :-p meanwhile I'll shoot lots of Delta100 and HP5+

See I totally left out Kodak

But in truth, I will be shooting a bunch of Ektascan...

But seriously does anyone know if Film Ferrania will be making sheet film (eventually)?
    Last edited by StoneNYC; 07-08-2014 at 09:08 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: err
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Don't hold your breath, Stone. Well, not for the first production runs.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1 MD, OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin