Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,968   Posts: 1,558,516   Online: 1086

Page 30 of 123 FirstFirst ... 20242526272829303132333435364080 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    Don't hold your breath, Stone. Well, not for the first production runs.
    Yeah, I know, especially for the first run, I'll be lucky if they even make 120...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, you can try to find out when was the last time Ferrania did sheet and/or 120 film. Couple that with the already stated intention of producing film in cine formats and you'll have a pretty good idea where it goes.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Ok, this will make you happy then dan, because I hope they make some 8x10 Fim Ferrania so I can shoot it in my new 8x10... :-p meanwhile I'll shoot lots of Delta100 and HP5+

See I totally left out Kodak

But in truth, I will be shooting a bunch of Ektascan...

But seriously does anyone know if Film Ferrania will be making sheet film (eventually)?
    Depends on demand: e.g. If their coater was busy they could multi shift and do a coating on a thicker base: if their splitters and finishers could cope.

But if they did not get volume in 16 and 35mm...

They would be able to understand the market.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Egads!!

I was thinking of that Senior VP of Marketing and Product Development at Freestyle? He has a beard (at least in his company photo). He's American (I assume). And Freestyle already used to sell direct-branded Ferrania products...

Ferrania Solaris 5X Tele Disposable Camera (discontinued)

Ken
    That's a good take. Afterall freestyle has collaboration with film manufacturers, as they have done some rebranding. It is quite a plausible real identity for our mysterious American.
    Brunner? Jason Brunner, the APUG mod? I just realised that it's been a long while I haven't seen him around.

I'll want to gram some of their chrome in 120. Still have frozen Elitechrome in 35mm and I'm in a negative mood lately (pardon the pun). Given that they partner with wittner (IIRC) they may release s8, 16mm & 35mm at first.
    Time flies, it's been 2 years since Kodak left E6 and the only alternatives are respooled Fuji; By entering cine, they will reinforce E6.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prest_400 View Post
    That's a good take. Afterall freestyle has collaboration with film manufacturers, as they have done some rebranding. It is quite a plausible real identity for our mysterious American.
    Brunner? Jason Brunner, the APUG mod? I just realised that it's been a long while I haven't seen him around.

I'll want to gram some of their chrome in 120. Still have frozen Elitechrome in 35mm and I'm in a negative mood lately (pardon the pun). Given that they partner with wittner (IIRC) they may release s8, 16mm & 35mm at first.
    Time flies, it's been 2 years since Kodak left E6 and the only alternatives are respooled Fuji; By entering cine, they will reinforce E6.
    Yes Jason Brunner... And yes he has been particularly quiet...

I love Fuji E-6 better than kodak even, BUT I'm concerned they will shut down.

I just like to have option.... Lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do not recognize him. Anyway he is moderator here at Apug. And not actually quiet.
    But his funny teaching videos seem to have vanished.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah, I know, especially for the first run, I'll be lucky if they even make 120...
    They have stated that they want to bring back as many obsolete film formats as possible, so that people can enjoy shooting with their old cameras.

I actually think this will be a winner for them, dont expect all formats to be available at once.

Im pretty sure they intend to bring back 126 format and some of the other obsolete roll films, so im pretty confident we will see 120 and sheet film being available.

Going retro is a good plan on the business sense, its going to get alot of vintage camera enthusiasts out with their cameras again.

I love Fuji E-6 better than kodak even, BUT I'm concerned they will shut down.

I just like to have option.... Lol
    Ive never been a huge fan of fuji film, but Provia is one fuji film i intend to shoot, its sad that provia 400x has been scrapped, it was the only high iso reversal film left.
    Ive never been a huge fan of disneychrome, but i wouldnt mind shooting some rolls of it for the fun.

Shooter
    35mm
    Could it be that the mystery American is somebody from B&H or Adorama? The bearded mystery American looks like he might possibly be Jewish to me (if someone who's an Orthodox Jew has a particular look), and I know B&H and Adorama are both owned by Jews. Just a random thought...
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    35mm
    Duplicate post
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    I do not recognize him. Anyway he is moderator here at Apug. And not actually quiet.
    But his funny teaching videos seem to have vanished.
    yes, have anyone heard anything about that? I would love to have another look on the focal length calculation vid again.
    /jonas

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin