Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,397   Posts: 1,683,406   Online: 861

Page 31 of 147 FirstFirst ... 21252627282930313233343536374181131 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The website news section has been updated: "The Countdown Begins". An announcement in mid-September.

Also, from the FAQ:

When will you begin making film?
    We are on course to turn on the machines and make our first test batches in early Autumn 2014.
    We will make an announcement soon about the schedule for commercial products.

What's the hold up?
    Our main facility is currently being refurbished - free of charge courtesy of the regional government in Italy. We are also on a deadline to purchase additional equipment from the old Ferrania buildings that are crucial to our operations. For this, we are seeking funding.

What's the Italian Government have to do with this?
    Regione Liguria, the local branch of the Italian Government, has been the most amazing partner FILM Ferrania could ask for. They feel a great need to keep this historic product "Made in Italy" and have supported our team for more than a year as we lay the groundwork to restart.
    They have worked with us and Ferrania Technologies to schedule the destruction of the old buildings on a timeline that allows us a really good chance at getting all of the pieces we need to build the new kind of film factory we envision. And they just spent €1.2 million renovating our main facility!
    They want FILM Ferrania to restart and they're doing everything they can to help us.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The smile on my face could not be bigger right now. Life (color) after Kodak? And Fujifilm?

Maybe so after all...

Here is the link to the above mentioned FAQ. Currently only those three entries.

And here is a link to a video they have added.

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 08-11-2014 at 11:09 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added links...
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

— Edward Weston, Daybooks, Vol. II, February 2, 1932

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Looking forward to seeing the list of released products when it's published.
    "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care"

- Theodore Roosevelt -

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes! Looks like color film will have a bit of a reprieve after all.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I am happy and willing to bet a case of beer that Film Ferrania's first major customer will be Kodak Alaris.
    - Bill Lynch

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is thus commitment for this technology by the regional government not seen at other places.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    I am happy and willing to bet a case of beer that Film Ferrania's first major customer will be Kodak Alaris.
    Heh. Maybe KA will dub the E-6 emulsion "Ektachrome." Or "New Ektachrome." As long as they make a color reversal film, I'm good. 200 or 400 speed would be nice, since Fuji only makes ISO 50 and 100 in reversal films now, and EK makes none at all.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ME Super View Post
    Heh. Maybe KA will dub the E-6 emulsion "Ektachrome." Or "New Ektachrome." As long as they make a color reversal film, I'm good. 200 or 400 speed would be nice, since Fuji only makes ISO 50 and 100 in reversal films now, and EK makes none at all.
    How about EktITchrome? Or FEktrachrome?

Whatever they call the C41 I'll buy some anyway.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Interesting about the extra pieces of machinery needed for the new plant. I expect this includes coating machines etc. Although when i bought this subject up here earlier, my replys appeared to suggest that alot of that equipment was scrapped, as the only facility left was supposed to be the small research lab that they had planned to start production with.
    This may prompt kodak to restart production again of ektachrome if they see that film is starting to have a unique niche market.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin