Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,101   Online: 997

Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ... 222627282930313233343536373842 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzoomed View Post
    Interesting about the extra pieces of machinery needed for the new plant. I expect this includes coating machines etc. Although when i bought this subject up here earlier, my replys appeared to suggest that alot of that equipment was scrapped, as the only facility left was supposed to be the small research lab that they had planned to start production with.
    This may prompt kodak to restart production again of ektachrome if they see that film is starting to have a unique niche market.
    No... It won't... They just stopped making their E-6 chemicals too, they are DONE with E-6

Let's just support FILM Ferania with their film that they make. If we are lucky they can buy the old ektachrome patents but really the Fuji scans way better and since we can only scan now.... Buying Velvia50/100 and Provia100f patents after that shuts down would be my best hope...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Their initial focus was reversal cine film. So if they decide to do something with Kodak, that would be the most likely product.

As the new Jeep is going to be a made in Italy affair, maybe we will see Chrysler in the film market too!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Grazie Nicola! Forza Ferrania!
    My cameras:
    Fed 2
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    No... It won't... They just stopped making their E-6 chemicals too, they are DONE with E-6

Let's just support FILM Ferania with their film that they make. If we are lucky they can buy the old ektachrome patents but really the Fuji scans way better and since we can only scan now.... Buying Velvia50/100 and Provia100f patents after that shuts down would be my best hope...
    A patent describes a product or process but it won't help you to recreate a product a patent is written to stop a competitor it was not something you gave to your own production manager.

A manufacturing document for one factory would not work in a different factory unless all the same machines were the same. Harrow UK would have had different documents from Rochester USA for making the same film.

You can mix up E6 chemicals with a 50USD micro scale if you can get the raw chemicals in post.

In London I can get a taxi or local bus to a E6 lab today next year they may close and Id need to post.

A month ago the local C41 lab moved now I don't have a local lab open on Sunday.

I have processed E6 and C41 still but not cine.

Impossible has flourished here you can buy a pack on Sunday locally. It is impossible to tell how many cameras are in use cause most users I see are ladies with large sling bags and they conceal cameras when not in use. You only see them loading, shooting or looking at a print, analogue chimping.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    Grazie Nicola! Forza Ferrania!
    Yes, Forza Ferrania!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Yes, Forza Ferrania!
    Great Ferrania!!!!

Ready to shoot Ferrania Film.

Andrea

Shooter
    Multi Format

We can only scan now?

Well not really. It's the easiest way to print but you CAN still do this via internegatives and don't forget those of us who shoot slides for projection.

Shooter
    35mm
    I wonder what the chances of Freestyle selling an Arista brand of C-41 again are. As for KA, the only film I purchase from them anymore is the Ektar 100, it's a very special film and I love the look of it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Film from Italy -- Ferrania starting production 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    We can only scan now?

Well not really. It's the easiest way to print but you CAN still do this via internegatives and don't forget those of us who shoot slides for projection.
    The only two people who actually claim they can do internegs for me successfully one has died, the other is Drew Wiley... And Drew won't do them, my college professors when I mentioned the process they kind of looked at me and said "why would you bother with all those errors when you can scan them and the archival quality would be better with the scanned print?" Lol

People talk a lot about doing things like internegs, but no one actually does them... And probably for a reason...
    Last edited by StoneNYC; 08-12-2014 at 01:42 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    since we can only scan now....
    What? When did the laws of physics on planet Earth change so that my projector no longer works? Last time I projected a slide, it projected just fine! And if projection no longer works, then there's no way to do analog enlargements from negatives either. Oh the horror!

Okay, sarcasm aside, here. Before scanning was invented, we could view slides by holding them up to the light, viewing them on a lightbox, or projecting them - sometimes bigger than life. All of these methods for viewing slides still work. We don't have to scan them in order to view them. As far as printing goes, for me at least, the method we do not speak of on APUG works just fine.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin