Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,142   Posts: 1,658,096   Online: 794

Page 46 of 147 FirstFirst ... 36404142434445464748495051525696146 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Who makes Holga film?
    Foma I think
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If Ilford dont sell in packs of five, packs of five are a bad idea.

Ilford have HP5+ and Xp2+ in my large pharmacy if Ferrani wanna sell E6 they need to do the same. It is a chain so I assume they only need one shipment.

But Im not able to use E6 as I don't have a local lab and the post is not reliable. I stopped using Fuji in 2006 cause the loss rate was 5%! I could do drop off and collect but that would be at a lower volume.

I can home process but I don't like the chemicals.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post

Ilford have HP5+ and Xp2+ in my large pharmacy if Ferrani wanna sell E6 they need to do the same. It is a chain so I assume they only need one shipment.
    I remember back when Kodak and Fuji standardised on 5 roll propacks, discontinuing single roll distribution on many films (I'm mainly thinking 120 but some 35mm applies). In any case many retailers will split the packs. I haven't taken a deep look into why they chose to just sell in 5x packs.

We already have some info to speculate how things may be set. Given that Dave Bias is both in Impossible and Ferrania; If he's the one chosen for marketing and distribution it's quite possible that Ferrania's distribution model will be akin to Impossible's.
    Impossible's distribution model seems quite succesful. I'm not into Polaroid but it's available locally, in the web, and direct from them.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Film from Italy -- Ferrania starting production 2014

But Im not able to use E6 as I don't have a local lab and the post is not reliable. I stopped using Fuji in 2006 cause the loss rate was 5%! I could do drop off and collect but that would be at a lower volume.

I can home process but I don't like the chemicals.
    I think you hit the nail on the head with the E6, and it's my opinion and I've been saying this for a while that when FILM Ferrania decides to start producing their film they should sell an option to buy a kit that is both film and developer sold as a package as part of their sales strategy.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I just hope they don't use Impossible's pricing model. I would be out on day one.

No way will I pay $20 for a roll of color film. Nor even $10. Nor even $6 (well maybe $6 for E-6)

No matter what, they are still competing with digital.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prest_400 View Post
    Given that Dave Bias is both in Impossible and Ferrania; If he's the one chosen for marketing and distribution it's quite possible that Ferrania's distribution model will be akin to Impossible's.
    Impossible's distribution model seems quite succesful. I'm not into Polaroid but it's available locally, in the web, and direct from them.
    Dave Bias is in...then I would wonder if pricing would match Impossible
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I think you hit the nail on the head with the E6, and it's my opinion and I've been saying this for a while that when FILM Ferrania decides to start producing their film they should sell an option to buy a kit that is both film and developer sold as a package as part of their sales strategy.
    You can buy E6 kits already?
    Id scratch mix only why would I used a kit? I normally mix up fresh and batch.
    If there are not labs available they have left it too late.
    Only a few people will want to home process.
    And Id expect it would be expensive you will have options cheap mono or expensive colour.
    They will be like Fotokemia if we don't buy it won't be there tomorrow - it is last chance saloon.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    No matter what, they are still competing with digital.
    They are not I've not found a digital camera I can use - yet.
    They are competing with mono.
    And maybe Ilford if Ilford make a tri pack c41 colour.
    It is an ecological niche.
    Like the mammals had when the dinosaurs died.

Shooter
    35mm
    There is a problem with your reasoning and I have already asked here this:
    please, name the last time you bought a Ferrania made developer or any other processing chemistry?

As far as I know, at least in the UK, I have never seen or heard of any chemistry made by Ferrania and available to the public. there might have been some products available to commercial premises.
    I keep my fingers crossed that they are thinking in that development in their product range (pun intended).
    Fed 2, 5
    Zenit 11
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-4, OM10
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    ...No matter what, they are still competing with digital.
    They are not I've not found a digital camera I can use - yet...
    OK, they're not competing with digital for your purchases. But they are for the purchases of most other people in the known universe.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin