Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,814   Online: 994

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Perez

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The DOW Jones business news describes the products being transferred as follows:

"The deal, which covers such Kodak products and services as cameras,
    retail photo-printing kiosks and scanners, will not only resolve the $2.8
    billion in U.K. pension claims but will also bring in $650 million in cash and
    noncash consideration to Kodak's bankruptcy estate."

It will probably also include the production of color paper (Endura), but IDK.

This statement by the DJBN does not seem to include film production. Just to clarify. Sales is another matter.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BTW, my book is printed on a Kodak high speed industrial color printer.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    As to the film market 20 years ago - 1993, it was expanding! That is when the new high speed machine was being ramped up so as to meet the demands being placed on EK. And paper was selling as fast as we could make it!

PE
    Oh yeah! Good times they were; bring on the APS baby!! LOL

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Saw an interesting PBS documentary last nite on the role of stereo aerial shots in WWII. I remember all the hours I spend looking through a
    stereoscope at aerial photos back in the geological mapping lab. Google Earth doesn't even come close. But the point in relation to this thread is
    how many millions of shots were taken from those recon flights, and every one of them was hand developed in a darkroom before the analysts
    sorted them out by priority, print by print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They ran an interview with Perez on TV this week on the status of Kodak. One thing he mentioned was that along with everyone else, he lost most or all of his pension and all of his benefits. Wonder what he has planned for that 1M+ bonus then?

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    They ran an interview with Perez on TV this week on the status of Kodak. One thing he mentioned was that along with everyone else, he lost most or all of his pension and all of his benefits. Wonder what he has planned for that 1M+ bonus then?

PE
    My heart bleeds for him. Down to his last million.I wonder what it's like to be dirt poor like that. I eat one meal a day whether I'm hungry or not. And I manage to afford enough gas at the pump to get me home and back to the gas station again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    He was with Kodak less than 9 years before the bankruptcy. Average stiffs don't have a lot of equity in their pensions after that amount of time, though as we know, that's usually not the case with top management.

I imagine he'll just have to get by somehow on the meager amount he has managed to save.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wonder what he has planned for that 1M+ bonus then?

PE
    Just think how many cans of dog food that will buy for all of those dinners by candlelight because his electricity was shut off.

Let the good times roll...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    He's still obsessed with printing...

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh dear, my poor heart is just bleeding for him. I mean gee, he is responsible for EK screwing all of the retirees. All of the money he threw away chasing wild geese and then having the nerve to whine about his pension being lost? It makes my head hurt just thinking about it. Jerk.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin