Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,521   Posts: 1,572,240   Online: 842

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Perez

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    I vote to replace Perez with Mustafa.
    Mustafa would have that improbability drive and always keep the board members guessing.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Ah, Ron ... this requires three hands.

And my understanding is that Sony weren't the only purchasers of the motion picture profuct.
    I know that, and that is what it will need to save Kodak.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Advertising. Primetime TV (what there still is of it), and AM radio. Although I don't generally listen to much of it myself, I wonder what kind of film sales could generated on the Dash Limburger program, for instance. Or some network TV presentation. Do you realize the average 21 year old doesn't know what film is? My point is, film doesn't have to die like this.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Film is not dying yet, just those who don't want to use it.

=Tom1956;1522780]Advertising. Primetime TV (what there still is of it), and AM radio. Although I don't generally listen to much of it myself, I wonder what kind of film sales could generated on the Dash Limburger program, for instance. Or some network TV presentation. Do you realize the average 21 year old doesn't know what film is? My point is, film doesn't have to die like this.[/QUOTE]

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Kodak Film is equivalent to 5000 megapixel camera.

Kodak must write this to everywhere.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not only is that factually incorrect, it doesn't matter to most people anyway. They don't print photos. they don't need that kind of resolution.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    They dont need but they dont know they dont need it. That ad would create a lots of internet , blog , forum , magazine , newspaper discussions and flame the peoples interest. Lots of people dont need 1 billion dollar per day but they would love to own it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Kodak Film is equivalent to 5000 megapixel camera.

Kodak must write this to everywhere.
    Tests at Kodak when the PhotoCD was being developed said that a 35mm image (including the results of the optical system) had about 16 megapixels. This would mean that to get 5000 megapixels, the film image would have to be 19 x 24 inches and the camera optical system would have to have 35mm camera quality.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I asked at APUG about how many megapixel equivalent to film , people laughed and reported petapixel. I dont know who is right ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    Not only is that factually incorrect, it doesn't matter to most people anyway. They don't print photos. they don't need that kind of resolution.
    True, but he's still bigger-picture correct. Smart phone users don't need 41-megapixel cameras either just to post pictures to Facebook, but Nokia just introduced one. Why? To boost sales by boosting the mine-is-bigger-than-yours mindset. Marketing has little to do with reality.

Nokia Aims to Pwn All Camera Phones With 41-Megapixel Lumia 1020

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin