Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,494   Online: 1018

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Perez

Shooter
    35mm
    The Kodak PhotoCD used a very clever (and complex) color encoding and then compression scheme. See http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe.../pcd-045.jhtml

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Its not a 32 bit YUV. A lot of color information throwen and they try to cheat the senses with lack of ability to act right. Unless British , German and Nordic people are not happy with HD channels and they want improvement when it is the best system at satellite and expensive.
    16 megapixel - 48 megabyte story is interesting. BBC dont allow to air a scene shot by a cameraman at with least 50 megapixel and there is a backward quality worse than 30 years ago colors.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Advertising. Primetime TV (what there still is of it), and AM radio. Although I don't generally listen to much of it myself, I wonder what kind of film sales could generated on the Dash Limburger program, for instance. Or some network TV presentation. Do you realize the average 21 year old doesn't know what film is? My point is, film doesn't have to die like this.
    the post exposure infrastructure has been nearly dismantled ...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    BBC dont allow to air a scene shot by a cameraman at with least 50 megapixel.

Given that 1080 HDTV is only 2.1 megapixels, I can't imagine why they would set such a standard.

Note that for digital cinema: "In digital cinema, resolutions are represented by the horizontal pixel count, usually 2K (2048×1080 or 2.2 megapixels) or 4K (4096×2160 or 8.8 megapixels)."

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    May be it is for 24 frame and each frame covers 2.1 megapixel, I dont know. There is lots of discussions at bbc blogs.
    You are the expert , let me add they try to air 35 megahertz grid without problem and no success. This is for 1920 line
    plasma monitör.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    May be it is for 24 frame and each frame covers 2.1 megapixel, I dont know. There is lots of discussions at bbc blogs.
    If they are talking about 16-bit/color resolution, then each pixel would be represented by 6 bytes. If the 50 represents megaBYTES, then (50 megabytes)/(6 bytes/pixel)=8.4 megaPIXELS which would be approximately correct for 4K digital cinema.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    let me find the links and blogs. give me one hour or less.

by the way , you can Google at this time span , bbc accepted cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fred, lost in all of this is the fact that digital introduces aliasing whereas film has none. And film does not produce jagged lines in diagonals.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Fred, lost in all of this is the fact that digital introduces aliasing whereas film has none. And film does not produce jagged lines in diagonals.

PE
    Aliasing - you must always consider the Nyquist-Shannon criteria when sampling to avoid aliasing.

Film doesn't have 'jagged lines' but it does have grain clumps.

Shooter
    35mm
    A Google search points to a requirement of "capture footage at 50Mbps". This has nothing to do with the video image size.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin