Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,183   Online: 813

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Bump

Nothin warms the analog-heart more than a buch'a folks getting some obscure (sorry Stone et al) film from a great company to make their art

Any folks on the "right side of the map" just wakin up? See OP's orig.....

Thought some Austrailian/NZ types might'a expressed interest....

Lets keep this top-pug for a few more hours....till Freestyle calls "last shot"....
    Andy

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Wow. Unfortunately (or thankfully?) I'm not into 70mm yet, although I seem to be trying everything around the shop lately.
    It's this kind of news and support that restores my faith in the film industry, and is one day going to make me hit the 'buy' button on a wacky old folder (or they make 70mm backs for hassies, right?)...
    Yes they make a 70mm back for the hassie, I have one for my Mamiya, but it's the same for the Hassie, actually the Hassie is smaller, I used to own one thinking I would switch, and then never did haha, so I traded the Hassleblad 70mm back for 4 rolls of 70mm tech pan... yup, that was a GOOD TRADE

Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post
    Which films and which prices?
    Why cant Ilford take orders from single persons? At least if they dont live in the usa. In europe.
    I'm not sure what you're asking, this is specifically 70mm Double Perf and 70mm Non-Perf, it was only offered in HP5+ You'll have to call freestyle or rather email now for the exact price but it's roughly $130 for the non-perf and $180 for the double perf and that's 50 foot cans.

Sorry if I wasn't clear since I kind of assumed anyone reading this would have already known about the ULF run and the films available. My Apologies.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just emailed them before seeing your post on the second page. $180 for 50' is more than twice the market price for 120 so I doubt I'd be buying any.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    I just emailed them before seeing your post on the second page. $180 for 50' is more than twice the market price for 120 so I doubt I'd be buying any.
    Polyglot, you knew the price before and you said the same thing in another thread about it being too much like a month ago haha, or I think that was you... not like the price suddenly went down.

Better to be able to use your camera back than not, plus it can be used for 116/616 also and that you can't get fresh. All the other 70mm stock left is kinda old... I haven't seen any that I haven't had to mess with a lot to get to expose decently.

I get what you mean if you compare it, but hey, it's available, and guaranteed, couldn't hurt to get a roll, if you have or want a 70mm 6x12 back for a graflock, it saves a LOT of changing rolls when you only get 3-4 images per roll haha.

Anyway, I hope you decide to grab one at least.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nah, this is even higher. Wasn't it 100' rolls before or am I imagining that?

I don't have crazy old folders so I'm not the 116/616 market, nor do I absolutely need 70mm to feed a pano camera or similar. The only reason for me to buy it over 120 (HP5 is readily available in 120!) would be price, and that's the wrong way around. As far as I'm concerned, if I'm buying the equivalent of 55+ rolls of film (150') then I expect a discount not a premium! That is in no way saying that Ilford's price is "wrong", it is what it is and no doubt due to their small-run cutting and hand-packaging process for this run. It just means there won't be much of a market at that price.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Nah, this is even higher. Wasn't it 100' rolls before or am I imagining that?

I don't have crazy old folders so I'm not the 116/616 market, nor do I absolutely need 70mm to feed a pano camera or similar. The only reason for me to buy it over 120 (HP5 is readily available in 120!) would be price, and that's the wrong way around. As far as I'm concerned, if I'm buying the equivalent of 55+ rolls of film (150') then I expect a discount not a premium! That is in no way saying that Ilford's price is "wrong", it is what it is and no doubt due to their small-run cutting and hand-packaging process for this run. It just means there won't be much of a market at that price.
    I agree, I think the idea is that, now that the ULF run happened, the tools and special machinery to make the perforations and cut the film will now be made, so in the future, the cost will go down (in theory) I mean the price for the 46mm (127 film size) equated to $5/roll which is 1/2 of efke's price and a better film... so I guess part of this was about "taking one for the team" so to speak. I do hope by next year it's significantly cheaper.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If they have the tools, they should IMHO make up a batch and try selling it in the normal channels at the same price (per length) as 120. Maybe a couple different (and slower) emulsions. That way, I suspect they'd maybe get the volume to make the tools worth running.

Doing tiny hand-packed one-off batches guarantees higher prices than the market will bear, which pretty much means the capital cost of the cutting/punching tools will be wasted.

But then, Ilford are doing pretty damn good without my advice already.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    If they have the tools, they should IMHO make up a batch and try selling it in the normal channels at the same price (per length) as 120. Maybe a couple different (and slower) emulsions. That way, I suspect they'd maybe get the volume to make the tools worth running.

Doing tiny hand-packed one-off batches guarantees higher prices than the market will bear, which pretty much means the capital cost of the cutting/punching tools will be wasted.

But then, Ilford are doing pretty damn good without my advice already.
    This is the ULF run, they've done the numbers and its not worth making more that's why they have the ULF special order, they only added roll film as a courtesy, if it weren't for my bugging they wouldn't even have offered 70mm at all. It wasn't offered in the past...

So they are doing what they can to help us. They can't make every format, and as it stands they only JUS got enough orders, sure it might be cheaper if they made more, but they would need a LOT more to cover the amount needed for profit and the market isn't there...

Anyway, BUMP!!! Last chance for anyone to email an order!!! 2 hours or so before she comes into work and checks her email!!!

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    127 Format
    Sounds great for you 70mm'ers.

Let's hope next year brings some FP4+ !
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Sounds great for you 70mm'ers.

Let's hope next year brings some FP4+ !
    Doubt it. Also it's possible by then ADOX will have produced a 100 speed film in 70mm... at least they claim that from what I recall, and there also may be a color 70mm by the new Ferrania, but both those thoughts are speculation so far based on comments by reps from the respective companies and only MAYBE from both, but it's possible.

OK can someone close this thread please, I don't know why I can't even close my own threads... someone give me some privileges already!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin