Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,737   Online: 926

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    I don't go to movies. The Hollywood whackos have gotten to be such wingdings and lunatics, I prefer not to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Pardon me for that. I can't repeal it now, but it prayed on my mind that this isn't the forum for that kind of talk.
    Nevertheless, I totally agree.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Pardon me for that. I can't repeal it now, but it prayed on my mind that this isn't the forum for that kind of talk.
    Why ? They talk about how to buy a gun and sharpen the blades at the bottom of forums.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Why ? They talk about how to buy a gun and sharpen the blades at the bottom of forums.
    Huh?

Shooter
    127 Format
    Perhaps it's his targeted AD's ?
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Perhaps it's his targeted AD's ?
    I hope that's not the case, otherwise I guess I have a potency issue I wasn't aware of...
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    He's talking about certain off-topic discussions in "The Lounge". It's down at the bottom of the forumn page. Do not enter if you are easily offended.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    A minor but important use for motion film will be archiving.
    That is 3x the length of the master-negative. Nothing compared to hundreds or more release copies

Shooter
    35mm
    Kodak film/cameras (and Polaroid) for sale in the souvenir shop of the Wright Brothers Nation Monument, Kill Devil, NC.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kodak_FunSaver.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	990.9 KB 
ID:	72384

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    He's talking about certain off-topic discussions in "The Lounge". It's down at the bottom of the forumn page. Do not enter if you are easily offended.
    Oops. Make that the Soap Box. The lounge is quite pleasant.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Most indie film makers can't afford to shoot on film and shoot digitally... Just FYI...

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree but many Indie Production could afford film and choose Digital because they (director, etc..) believe or more likely the Producers believe they can't afford it, Das Leben der Anderen had a Budget of approx 2 Million and they were able to go Anamorphic and that's in Europe where Filmmaking is actually more expensive then in the US and there are quiet a few examples out there that show that you can use film for smaller Budget movies. The Red and also the Alexa Mafia as well as film schools are also sprouting a lot of anti film propaganda imo. Using short ends, not using the newest and coolest film cameras (not Arricam but instead an Arri BL2 with 2 perf mod Older Superspeeds or Standards instead of Master and Ultra Primes not to forget Ultra 16mm instead of 35mm) and a lot of indies could afford shooting film. Even for movies with a 250000 $ Budget film is still a viable choice.

I also have to say that the quality of Indie movies these days is going down faster than the Quality of Big Hollywood Productions the imo failed democratization of Filmmaking trough DV Cameras is mostly to blame for it in the past you had to invest in a movie nowadays everyone with a DV believes himself to be the next Kubrick the movies made this way lack any kind of production value and look like what they are cheap.
    Last edited by MDR; 08-03-2013 at 07:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin