Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,569   Online: 800

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Yes, and excuse me for interjecting a still film comparison, but that is what I am personally familiar with, and in some ways it does remind me of
    the way certain art films deliberately employ anti-Hollywood filming strategies. The other nite my wife and I were watching the Chinatown classic, Chan is Missing, which deliberately utilized a gritty high-contrast black-and-white technique, presumably to give it an amateur movie look, as well as a slightly sinister look to complement the plot, but superbly effective in this respect. Sure refreshing to see what can be done
    with a relatively low budget and some creativity, versus all this hyper-digitized, hyper-expensive blockbuster action-movie nonsense going on
    lately. But probably no teenager these days would spend a dime to see a movie like Chan is Missing. Too nuanced.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    What I like in black and white film is real documentary footage of WW2.
    Also off the topic but as I was born in the 1950s and saw a time when lots of people didn't yet own a tv and those that did had to put up big antennas on top of their house and as far as I knew all TV was black and white. I was recently surprised to see that in the early 60s "I dream of Genie" and "Bewitched" and other shows that I always had known in black and white were actually in color. Who knew?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    What I like in black and white film is real documentary footage of WW2.
    Also off the topic but as I was born in the 1950s and saw a time when lots of people didn't yet own a tv and those that did had to put up big antennas on top of their house and as far as I knew all TV was black and white. I was recently surprised to see that in the early 60s "I dream of Genie" and "Bewitched" and other shows that I always had known in black and white were actually in color. Who knew?
    AFAIK from watching nick-at-night as a kid, both shows started in B&W and then switched to color sometime during their filming. Some ARE in B&W

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin