Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,163   Online: 810

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Walter Mitty movie - analog photo era references abound

It's kind of sad that it's to the point I get excited about a movie that makes so much use of analog photography as a plot device, but here we are. The scene where the Sean Penn photo comes to life gives me the chills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGWO2w0H2V8

It doesn't hurt that this was one of my favorite short stories when I was a teenager.

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Of course there was also the film with Danny Kaye playing the lead role.
    Vincent Brady
    "Visual art is a chase after the invisable and B&W photos remind you of this search for what can't be seen,for what's missing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I enjoyed the book in school; it was more male oriented and adventurous than most of the english books we were expected to read.

I've also been to "The Mitty" car races at Road Atlanta; a complete over the top cargasm for motorsports enthusiasts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Still a great short story. Makes me laugh every time. The trailer looks great!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin