Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,432   Online: 981

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most serious Super 8 cameras I know have a light wide angle to tele zoom ad those that don't often have the image degrading wide angle adaptors as option.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The shortest focal lenght of lenses for instance installed on the two "serious" camera ranges of Beaulieu is 6mm.

A 6mm lens is anything but a wide angle lens at Super8.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I remember correctly the standard normal lens for Super 8 is around 12mm this would make the 6mm a WA lens imo
    not a Super wide but a wide.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The standard focal length is defined as the diameter of the needed image circle of the format in question.
    That is 7mm for Super8.

(This definition should only be used for compact fomats, not for panoramic formats.)

That manufacturers designated those low-end settings at their Super8 zoom lenses as wide angle stand does not make that true...

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now I understand what you mean I am so accostumed that in the cine world normal = x2 the diagonal. e.g. 25mm for 16mm instead of the 12,7 etc.. sorry.
    my bad. Btw. there are plenty of D to C mount adaptors that would allow you to use Century and Kinoptik Super wides for Super 8 and 16mm on many Super 8 and Standard 8 cameras. Not the fixed zoom ones though.

Again Entschuldige meinen Denkfehler.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    in the cine world: normal = 2x the diagonal
    New to me.
    Thus maybe my Denkfehler... I shall check the origin of the definition above.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found a quote by Roger Deakins ASC, BSC regarding normal lenses for 35mm: Technically speaking a 50mm lens is considered 'normal'. The calculation is made in regard to the optimal viewing distance in a theatre and 'normal' meaning there is no distortion of view for the observer. With a the larger 65mm format negative it might be technically correct that a 110mm lens should be considered 'normal'.
    For me 'normal' is something between a 40mm and a 32mm, when working with a flat 35mm negative format as opposed to anamorphic, A 50mm appears long to me.

The definition is an aesthetic and not mathematical one you are correct the 7.5 is the standard normal focal length but for some reason the viewing distance matters more to cinematographers than to still photographers.

This alone would make for an interesting topic. Normal focal length: viewing distance vs math. Or Choosing a lens based on the planed viewing distance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some updates regarding this camera: http://www.cinematography.com/index....60409&p=397753

They are "targeting a pricetag of 2.500€ euro including 25% Danish value added tax - for companies purchasing inside the european union with a valid tax number that equates to 2.000€ euro. For sales outside the european union the value added sales tax is also removed, so the total should be 2.000€ euro ($2,695 USD)"

Here's also an interesting article on the camera and the people behind it: http://www.filmkorn.org/sensational-...-from-denmark/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    First test footage shot with Logmar camera (Kodak Vision3 50D):
    https://vimeo.com/87243287

Hard to believe this is super-8, eh?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kuparikettu View Post
    First test footage shot with Logmar camera (Kodak Vision3 50D):
    https://vimeo.com/87243287

Hard to believe this is super-8, eh?
    Wow--that footage is beautiful. I'd love to shoot a short film with that beast. The rental fees should be reasonable, considering the price.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin