Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,558   Posts: 1,545,232   Online: 912

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is a reason that I don't have a Facebook account, or any account except apug for that matter.
    I read all the pages of the TOC. Would anyone in their right mind "accept and agree to be bound by the terms and provisions of the TOS // which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you"?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Erosion of one's illusion of privacy while communicating in public.????? Illusion of maintaining property rights when displaying in a pubic forum.???? Central Banks and quality easing of the value of the currency you use..... Upsetting that the Merchant class has so much money they don't really care about your business. Solution.. Vote with your money. Buy from he/she whom supports your value system. And when given the opportunity.. provide a bit of sand for the lubricant of the big machine.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the information.

Shooter
    Large Format
    A good read by Jonathan Franzen on the contemporary culture of twitter, facebook, etc..
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do not have a problem with these new service terms since I do not use Facebook nor any other time wasting social media. If I want to interact with someone I know, I get off my butt and go see them.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I do not have a problem with these new service terms since I do not use Facebook nor any other time wasting social media. If I want to interact with someone I know, I get off my butt and go see them.
    That's easy when you don't live halfway around the world from most family and a big portion of your friends.

Perhaps globalization has to do with the popularity of social networks?
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, APUG is hardly the place for bleeding edge technology discussions, so I suppose social media isn't a hot topic here in general.
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin