Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,532   Posts: 1,572,645   Online: 944

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kodak Alaris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I waste a lot of paper when printing whatever the film so it doesn't really matter to me. LOL.

I just don't see a lot of close substitutes in any marketplace being able to charge a 50% premium. Hopefully Kodak thrives with their strategy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Last edited by jnanian; 09-27-2013 at 03:18 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: nevermind

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    In reference to the above post, Kodak's B&W film pricing is way out of line IMO. Is Kodak film 30% better than Ilford? I can't see how.
    I wonder how the prices compare in the UK where, strangely enough, some Ilford product appears to be more expensive than the same Ilford product is in the USA.

The photographic distribution system is in a fractured state - particularly with respect to product from the two big "colour" film producers. IMHO, the largest benefit we might see from Kodak Alaris, if they are successful, would be an improvement to Kodak distribution.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    I live in France and Canada, and use Tri-X and FP4. I can buy Tri-X, made outside the EU, in New York, across the Atlantic, as cheap or cheaper here in France than in North America.
    FP4, made within the EU, in England, 400 miles away, is much cheaper in New York than here in France.
    Positively weird.
    So, I buy my Tri-X here in France as I need it, and I get enough FP4 from Adorama to last me 'till I'll be back in North America the next time.

Shooter
    35mm
    Prices are affected by taxes. In the UK "Value Added Tax" at 20% is added to give the final price the consumer pays.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    VAT is 20% in France too...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hdeyong View Post
    I live in France and Canada, and use Tri-X and FP4. I can buy Tri-X, made outside the EU, in New York, across the Atlantic, as cheap or cheaper here in France than in North America.
    FP4, made within the EU, in England, 400 miles away, is much cheaper in New York than here in France.
    Positively weird.
    So, I buy my Tri-X here in France as I need it, and I get enough FP4 from Adorama to last me 'till I'll be back in North America the next time.
    This is surprising... at least for sheet film, I bought as much as I could in the USA, because it was soooooo cheap compared to France!
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    In reference to the above post, Kodak's B&W film pricing is way out of line IMO. Is Kodak film 30% better than Ilford? I can't see how.
    Better than the pricing Fuji adopted
    $6.50 for Acros 135?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gee and I was hoping for a possible return of Plus X and Panatomic X. I guess I can keep dreaming for now.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I wonder how the prices compare in the UK where, strangely enough, some Ilford product appears to be more expensive than the same Ilford product is in the USA.
    Wow I wonder how this can happen???. I think we have been here before. Another poster buying Ilford and Kodak in France seems to have the same puzzle to solve as well

There is no puzzle really.

pentaxuser

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin