Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,610   Online: 889

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: LFF back up!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if the grumpy old men tried to be nice ?
    Nice is over rated. Bah humbug. Bunch-a-whippersnappers always complainin' about somethin', expectin' everybody to be nice to 'em. Ptui! Who needs it?

It seems a pretty nice place to me. Occasionally people get into tiffs but that's been true on every web forum I've ever been on. It's no worse over there than most and better than many.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I didn't think you could still get E-6 in 5x7...
    Well you can't, but it's pretty easy to cut down 8x10. One whack down the middle makes two 5x8s and then cut an inch off the long end. (Or doesn't Shenhoa or someone make a 5x8 camera for just that reason?)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Nice is over rated. Bah humbug. Bunch-a-whippersnappers always complainin' about somethin', expectin' everybody to be nice to 'em. Ptui! Who needs it?

It seems a pretty nice place to me. Occasionally people get into tiffs but that's been true on every web forum I've ever been on. It's no worse over there than most and better than many.

Well you can't, but it's pretty easy to cut down 8x10. One whack down the middle makes two 5x8s and then cut an inch off the long end. (Or doesn't Shenhoa or someone make a 5x8 camera for just that reason?)
    Ahh! Gotcha
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Oh, don't get me wrong. The vast majority of the membership there are very friendly and often helpful. There are just a handful of "grumpy old men"(*) who make it unpleasant. (I'm not talking about the open "tiffs". I'm talking about something much more subtle. There are a few who are constantly..well, "Grumpy"). Maybe I am just too much of an idealist but, I really do think it would be / could be a better place if just a few of the old timers would tone it down a bit...maybe not take themselves and everything quite so serious. I've kinda just come to accept that the few bad actors are who they are and leave it at that. Most of the time, they live on my ignore list.

(*) understand that "grumpy old men" is a very polite way of saying something else.
    Last edited by BradS; 01-23-2014 at 08:59 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    (*) understand that "grumpy old men" is a very polite way of saying something else.
    What? Irritable senior citizens of the male gender????

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have most of the "GOM" on ignore. It made LFF much more pleasant. In all honesty once Frank Petronio got banned LFF just wasn't all that fun anymore so now I might drop in once a month. Gee I wonder if they are all a-twitter about Bieber's arrest.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

I jus always think of the movie when I hear that, and it's a fun movie so I think pleasantly about grumpy old men
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wouldn't it be better if the grumpy old men tried to be nice ?
    You mean like these guys?

"Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    You mean like these guys?

Hah!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Is it down again? ... Getting so tired...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yep, seems to be down.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin