Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,694   Posts: 1,549,000   Online: 861

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: LFF back up!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    What does LFF have that APUG doesnt have??
    Scanners and inkjet printers and pictures as big as we dare put inline in posts. An exclusive Buy/sell area with purchase/sale feedback.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I remember when newcomers to film were a good thing.
    Word...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They are a good thing. But there are places, like here, to ask those questions. It's good to have a large format specific forum too. I enjoy both LFPF and APUG.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Update:

Large Format Photography Site Outage

We're sorry, but due to a disk drive failure www.largeformatphotography.info will be offline for a few days.

Please bear with us as we work to fix the problem as quickly as possible. We will post updated information on when the site will be back up as we know more from the server support team. Currently we estimate the site will be back up by end of day Wednesday, Oct 16th.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Newcomers to film ARE a good thing, just like the search window on the top right of this page. Finding an answer takes less time (and you'll likely learn more) than posting a new thread. Less bullshit threads also makes it easier for anyone who uses the search function to find the info they need.
    Last edited by wildbill; 10-11-2013 at 09:26 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Large Format Photography Site Outage

We're sorry, but due to a disk drive failure www.largeformatphotography.info will be offline for a few days.
    Please bear with us as we work to fix the problem as quickly as possible. We will post updated information on when the site will be back up as we know more from the server support team. Currently we estimate the site will be back up by end of day Wednesday, Oct 16th.

Oh my! DREW! I feel so sorry for you.

...we'll always have APUG (standing on tarmac, in my best Bogey)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    No big deal. I don't access the web whatsoever on the weekends. I'll be toting my 8x10 and big Ries tripod tommorow, not pulvering other folk
    with it virtually. Fortunately, the weather has cooled enough and the fire hazard has subsided, so that our big regional parks will be pleasant, and I won't have to worry about the Fed closure of parkland over on the coast, where I go in hot weather. But I must confess that I'll be
    printing some 6x9 negs Sunday afternoon, but might slip in a 4x5 or 8x10 shot too if there is enough time (probably not).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A drive failure taking down a site? Wtf... Are they doing hosting on a freaking Commodore 64? In this day and age that is lame.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    A drive failure taking down a site? Wtf... Are they doing hosting on a freaking Commodore 64? In this day and age that is lame.
    The entire Large Format Photography site, including moderation and hosting, is a volunteer operation. Anyone reading or posting there is a guest of those funding/running it. Users obtain value an infinite number of times greater than what they pay for it, which is nothing.

Calling it lame is rude and inconsiderate. This has happened before and the volunteers purchased replacement hardware, then recovered virtually all of what was in the database. I think we can look forward to a similar outcome this time. I'd call that extraordinarily wonderful. Politeness and gratitude, especially to Brian Reid

who provides the server, are in order, not criticism.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is a lame cheap shot. I enjoy the site very much and would gladly contribute some money if asked, or if the chance were even available, just as I do here on APUG.

Well said Sal.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin