Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,651   Online: 672

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: LFF back up!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    What does LFF have that APUG doesnt have??
    Perspective

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    What does LFF have that APUG doesnt have??
    A classified forum that isn't pay to play.

They allow discussion of digital post processing and don't lock the thread, tell you to go to DPUG and ban you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The digital crud on LFF I simply ignore, really, it is easy and one does not have to even look at it.

Now for a bit of large format "color"...I am off to continue my shooting of Fall's glory with a fresh snowfall. I also have to grab my 12 foot avalanche probe pole, a pair of swim shorts and my river shoes...my folding viewing hood was not secure to the back of my Chamonix and slid down a louge of rocks into a 4 foot pool of frigid water in a creek, ought to be fun to retrieve...hoping I get away with just the pole on this one, lol!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootar401 View Post

They allow discussion of digital post processing and don't lock the thread, tell you to go to DPUG and ban you.
    LFPF is a privately-owned forum. The owner has specified the rules, and I accept them. He provides the forum as a service to the photographic community and will not accept contributions. That's his choice.

APUG is a privately-owned forum. The owner has specified the rules, and I accept them. He derives his livelihood from this and other fora he runs, and gratefully accepts contributions from me and others. That's his choice.

Whether you choose to follow LFPF and/or APUG, and whether or not you choose to provide financial support to Sean to keep APUG going (and get the extra user benefits such support affords) is your choice. If you choose to play, you accept the rules.
    Last edited by Steve Goldstein; 10-12-2013 at 07:59 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

"allow"?
    It's APUG. If you want to discuss digital anything, go somewhere else.
    It's kinda link a guy wanting to play on the women's volleyball team. Try the men's team instead of making a stink out of it.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

selling the classifieds here are a "perk"
    you don't need to pay or be a subscriber to buy things, just to sell them ...

no one will ban you if you post digital questions here, no one has ever gotten banned for that ...
    but you mentioned DPUG and there are more people there who have an interest and information about
    hybrid and digital technique. im note sure why there is a problem going to people who know and have answers
    rather than posting questions at a place where the lion's share of the people posting don't care about, aren't informed about
    and would rather not talk about digital technique and hybrid-stuff.

hope they get the drive fixed soon ..

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Goldstein View Post
    LFPF is a privately-owned forum.
    APUG is a privately-owned forum.
    I like the way you summed it up.

Shooter
    35mm
    LFPF is a fine forum. APUG and LFPF have in the past cooperated on a variety of issues behind the scenes to benefit both forums, and we always wish them the best. We don't allow bad mouthing them here and we don't compare the two sites. In general terms we don't allow commentary about other forums as a matter of policy. Keeping this in mind, this thread has been left open so persons who use both APUG and LFPF can keep abreast of the current situation at LFPF. In that spirit, please refrain from criticism or comparison.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well put Jason, and a few others. Lets hope they get back up running smoothly without any problems.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The message is different but not the results.

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache Server at www.largeformatphotography.info Port 80
    u
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin