Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,144   Online: 1044

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Thread: LFF back up!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ok, I'm officially having withdrawal symptoms, hope there were regular backups.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Ok, I'm officially having withdrawal symptoms, hope there were regular backups.
    I am surprised they don't have a backup drive, I thought that was standard procedure for any server.

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Agreed. I down to my last few rolls of Plus-X. It will be a very sad day for me when it is all gone.

The days of shooting Plus-X in LF have been over for years now and it hasn't quite been the same since.
    FP4+??? still made, in any format...
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    or tmx? A slightly different emulsion to be sure but still excellent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    FP4+ is the closest to Plus-X of any current film I know.

What I liked so well about Plus-X was how well it responded in Diafine. I sometimes preferred Plus-X at 400 in Diafine to Tri-X at box speed in normal developers. So this effectively gave me a medium and high speed film in one. I could carry Plus-X and rate it at 125 or 400 with abandon depending on the light I encountered, just mark it for development accordingly.

FP4+ is a great film, and I actually slightly prefer it to Plus-X at 125, but it doesn't get more than maybe 200 effective speed in Diafine so I don't bother, I just go to a 400 speed film at need.

I doubt I'd have shot a lot of Plus-X in sheets anyway where I'm shooting off a tripod and have more control. If I wanted/needed a medium speed film in 4x5 (the only sheet film I shoot) I'd choose FP4+ or maybe Acros. Plus-X could develop a rather pronounced shoulder. FP4 doesn't, and Acros is rather the reverse having upswept highlights.

I DO have some frozen, unopened boxes of APX 100 in 4x5, frozen since bought new in the 90s except for the few hour car trip to GA when I moved. I've been meaning to try it. No, I don't really want to sell it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It cracks me up we're so disoriented (present company included) without LFF that we forgot how to start a thread about our favorite films...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    +1 !!!

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    It cracks me up we're so disoriented (present company included) without LFF that we forgot how to start a thread about our favorite films...
    Don't forget to create the "nudes" category too

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    Yes, that's what I've been using. But not quite the same as Plus-X or Super-XX

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    wow I am going to a thread on APUG to get my LFF fix, I need to get out more.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin