Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,058   Posts: 1,561,563   Online: 780

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Film in China

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Umut,

The phrase innovative is of course a ambiguous one. Let's say new products. Then we got in Europe Maco, Fotoimpex, Silvestri, Spur and Impossible.

The latest innovative photochemical product came from Lucky Film though. There RA-4 paper. And that was in 2010 or so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mandoloid View Post
    ...Shanghai, Lucky and Shantou-Era are some existing film producers.
    Perhaps, you can sort this out for me? I thought Shantou-Era stopped making film years ago. At least the 135-film are gone and you'll only see some 4x5" film on eBay once in a while. Also when looking at the Lucky B/W films, the 120-films are gone and only 135-film SHD100 is available. Are they still making B/W film for the domestic market?
    - You will develop when you become an analog photographer / Exposed Material / Monochromes

Shooter
    35mm
    abeku
    Yes, Lucky is still producing B&W SHD100 going by what they said last year to a member here. Colour films are out of production.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very interesting to hear about. I would love to give some of the Chinese films a try such as ones from Shantou-Era but am not sure where I can find them
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am not sure why people are interested in 3rd rate films. Kodak, Fuji, and Ilford are as good as it gets.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    I know some folks (not saying the ones expressing interest here are applicable) like it because they're bored with striving towards better. Same reason you'd use a Holga in place of a Hassy.

Better image quality != better images.

Shooter
    35mm
    (deleted)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lucky 100 is not a bad film. Its lack of an antihalation coating is a liability in some scenes, and an interesting attribute that you can exploit in others. There's a time and place for almost everything.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Film in China

Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    I am not sure why people are interested in 3rd rate films. Kodak, Fuji, and Ilford are as good as it gets.
    I have a load of frozen Shantou ERA 100 in 135 that I got in Beijing a few years ago for 75 cents a roll. Sure for the same price I'd take Tmax 100, Delta 100, FP-4 or Acros instead every time but even for 75 cents it holds it's own against the others. It's a fine performer, even in a P&S camera:

UC Berkeley campus YashicaT4Super Shantou ERA100 D-76-90perStock 6min45sec 20C 2010-12 VSmac 9000 Scan-101211-0007 by rich8155 (Richard Sintchak), on Flickr
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixcinater View Post
    I know some folks (not saying the ones expressing interest here are applicable) like it because they're bored with striving towards better. Same reason you'd use a Holga in place of a Hassy.

Better image quality != better images.
    The most talented photographers I know stick with a few films at most for years on end and make the content of the image the center of picture, not what film they tried out that week out of boredom.

Most are dabblers, few are masters...
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin