Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,290   Online: 858

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodak: Back on the NYSE

And with an INCREASE in share price.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12091...o&cm_ven=YAHOO

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And what of Alaris? Still have not heard much of them.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    These are the new shares, which to a meaningful extent are held by the former unpaid creditors (e.g. the suppliers and others).

To that extent, I hope the share price continues to rise, so at least some of those unpaid creditors are made at least partially whole.

The former shareholders - including pension plans, employees, individual investors and Wall Street hedge funds?

They got nothing!

As far as Alaris are concerned, you would have to check the UK for any information on its financial status.

I did think though that it was a sign of hope that Kieth Canham recently announced another custom large format film order, that it was slated to be fulfilled by Kodak Alaris, and that the cost was lower than the last order from Eastman Kodak.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most owners of the "old" common stock such as employees and retirees are AFAIK, out in the cold.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    As far as Alaris are concerned, you would have to check the UK for any information on its financial status.
    I guess I was referring to a more robust product marketing and visibility presence by now, rather than more financial information. Or at least the beginnings of one. Or just a little more expended energy out of the gate.

After such a vicious storm, maybe their intent for the final few surviving film lines is just to be a quiet caretaker operation. I dunno. I suppose that wouldn't be such a bad thing, given the alternative that leaving them with EK under Perez represented. I wouldn't wish that fate on any company's product lines in any business.

But I guess I did have somewhat higher hopes.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's early days yet, they need to be careful. They probably wouldn't get a second shot if any big roll out were to flop.

Shooter
    35mm
    From what I've read, Kodak itself is now basically a printing supply company. That's a big pool, full of mature sharks.
    Our beloved products, (like TRI-X), are in the hands of the retirement fund in the UK. I am glad they are completely separate, because the UK owners can concentrate on that particular market, much like Ilford does.
    I wish them every success.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Our beloved products" make only part of what the pension fund acquired. So actually they have to serve three different markets.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hdeyong View Post
    From what I've read, Kodak itself is now basically a printing supply company. That's a big pool, full of mature sharks.
    Our beloved products, (like TRI-X), are in the hands of the retirement fund in the UK. I am glad they are completely separate, because the UK owners can concentrate on that particular market, much like Ilford does.
    I wish them every success.
    Unfortunately, the two Kodaks are not completely separate. Kodak still makes the film, while Kodak Alaris sells it. Should the new Kodak fail (they still have the same management team ), then the manufacturing arm of Kodak goes down the drain, leaving Alaris with nothing to sell.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Alaris has own manufacturing plants. The only thing at the moment they are dependand on Kodak is the film manufacture. They should be able to do it on their own, though that might not be economic at the Moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin