Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,542   Online: 1056

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    There must be some really bad things going on with the Kodak (U.S.) distribution system right now.
    I would not assume that a stall in distribution means bad things are going on, we all might need to give them time to make adjustments in how they distribute. Also, "Big Stores" in general are now different than "Big Stores" in terms of film, B&H, Adorama and Freestyle all show plenty of Kodak stock.

Lets try to be positive in that they are making needed adjustments.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    But Colleen....and I know that you are reading this, it's time. It's time to really start making a presence in communities like this one and for very little capitol investment engage with past, present and future film customers in refreshing new ways. You have a captive audience right now...
    This is precisely the course of action I have been advocating.

The film-using community all over the world is waiting—and has been waiting, and waiting, and waiting—for any post-bankruptcy good news about Kodak-brand films. Not dry press release news that no one reads. Real news that reverberates across the Internet, where photographers who use film talk about film. And where the brand name Kodak is being talked about less and less every day. Both positively and negatively. No matter what, you never want the customer base to just end up forgetting about you. Or to begin assuming you're extinct.

If Alaris has any of that good news sitting around on the shelf and waiting for an opportune time to be heard, this is likely that time. Wait too long and the good news film-users do finally hear may very well end up coming from someone else.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    It's time to really start making a presence in communities like this one and for very little capitol investment engage with past, present and future film customers in refreshing new ways.
    I agree 100%. I think it almost borders on negligence for an analog photo company not having a presence here. A simple "hello", and a promise to try to keep us up to date on Alaris' progress (and plans) would go a long way towards instilling confidence in the company.

Shooter
    35mm
    It seems to me that the limited size Alaris staff has lots of more important things to do than listen to a bunch of grumpy old folks complain about them. They need to look to the future and not the past.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They can start by explaining when dealers will begin to receive deliveries of all those existing emulsions they intend to keep.
    All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. Choose the one that has heart.

Don Juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    It seems to me that the limited size Alaris staff has lots more important things to do ...
    Really? This place probably has one of the largest collection of passionate consumers of their products. They can't find ten minutes a week?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak Alaris has been active on Twitter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    It seems to me that the limited size Alaris staff has lots of more important things to do than listen to a bunch of grumpy old folks complain about them. They need to look to the future and not the past.
    Substitute Kodak for Alaris in the above and you will have an excellent insight into some of the saddest contributing reasons why EK went bankrupt. This attitude does unbelievable damage to the Kodak brand.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm
    As of this posting, a grand total of 40 forum participants have contributed to this thread - from around the world. What kind of attention do you think 40 people deserve when I'm sure they are busy with many things needed just to complete all the steps (like dealer agreements) necessary to make things work around the world. They were at the recent Photo Plus Expo in NYC where I'm sure they reached far more than 40 people. Let's be realistic and not take our selves too seriously here on APUG.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Simon, and Ilford, seem to find the time...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin