Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,361   Online: 744

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, Stone! This is the most sense you've ever made.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Wow, Stone! This is the most sense you've ever made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Stone, in your own wonderfully unique NYC way, by golly I think you've nailed it...

Ken
    Haha! I burst out laughing so loud I think I woke the whole house!

I do have a tendency NOT to make sense... Lol

(PS... And I never fault anyone for not knowing this, I totally live in CT... Lived in NYC (Harlem) for a month once... And Queens (Astoria) for a month... Both while working on a long term project and crashing at friends houses, but not really a NY'er, though CT (especially Fairfield County) can be pretty.... Curt... About things, I'm sure that can easily seem NY'er like. The name... Trying to manifest destiny and also have a Really easy to remember website name [that I haven't updated in years and never use] and StoneNYC.com was available. Now i just send people to my Tumblr... http://stonenyc.tumblr.com Hah!).
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It ain't the address. It's the mojo...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    It ain't the address. It's the mojo...

Ken
    Yes but my old mojo sight name people couldn't even see/read correctly let alone remember.... Lol

Just practicing what I preach about social networking

I should have showed my Instagram since that's what I was talking about but it's the same images as the other link, but here...

http://Instagram.com/stonenycfoto

Now kodak, go make an account and follow me so I can be one of the first featured film photographers
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, Mikes. As much as they would like to pretend that film no longer exists, as much as I dislike going in there, they do have 8 stores on the front range. How an outlet like that can't get product is a disgrace. Price point? I paid 10.99 for each of the last 3 rolls of Portra 160 35mm that I bought to shoot my granddaughter's blessing and my sister who is dying of cancer. Alaris needs to get their shit together, and fast, if they want to survive. This is a fast world. The other one was Denver ProPhoto, who cater to the still and digital pros - people like you - in Denver. Why should I be forced onto the internet when there are local retailers like these guys (and Englewood Camera) to go to, not too far away?
    Kodak Porta 160 film for 35mm camera is $6.99/roll at B & H and IN STOCK.

Shooter
    35mm
    For those interested in more blah, blah from Lars, this time to Lomography: http://www.lomography.com/magazine/n...f-kodak-alaris

Resume: "we're making the same films, nothing new here. Please, use Kodak films".
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1 MD, OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ambaker View Post
    ...this would be a MS-DOS machine, in green or amber, the message would be on a Fido-Net BBS, and it would be dial up...
    Some of us would perceive that as a good thing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, Mikes. As much as they would like to pretend that film no longer exists, as much as I dislike going in there, they do have 8 stores on the front range. How an outlet like that can't get product is a disgrace. Price point? I paid 10.99 for each of the last 3 rolls of Portra 160 35mm that I bought to shoot my granddaughter's blessing and my sister who is dying of cancer. Alaris needs to get their shit together, and fast, if they want to survive. This is a fast world. The other one was Denver ProPhoto, who cater to the still and digital pros - people like you - in Denver. Why should I be forced onto the internet when there are local retailers like these guys (and Englewood Camera) to go to, not too far away?
    i'm sorry, but I've spent a lot of my career in large retail and hospital distribution/supply chain and I get upset when the goods don't get to the customer. Yes, Alaris does deserve some time to get things straight before nitwits like me go running off at the mouth.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Central Camera in Chicago has been waiting for weeks for some Kodak chemicals to come in. They are pretty much out of everything. Not sure if this is related to the aforementioned problems with film supply.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    Central Camera in Chicago has been waiting for weeks for some Kodak chemicals to come in. They are pretty much out of everything. Not sure if this is related to the aforementioned problems with film supply.
    There's a definite need for Kodak Alaris to re-structure the distribution of their products. While outside the UK I had problems getting Kodak B&W films yet Ilford and Foma films were readily available as a consequence I had to switch away from Tmax.

Part of the problem is/was it's easier for Kodak to sell colour negative films and they were readily available in 35mm in every country I visited.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin