Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,474   Online: 935

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    I remember a magazine which I bought at 1985. It was thin and may be British. I remember it as Photo Techique not Techniques but 30 years ago , may be I am wrong. Is that the same magazine ?
    A different magazine, the British magazine was excellent but eventually merged with Camera which had formerly been Camera User.

The US publication Darkroom Techniques was quite different with some superb articles, I still have copies with John sexton's articles on Tmax films. I never saw the US Photo Technique on sale here in the UK,

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    PT used to be a wonderful magazine... I still have copies from the 80's and 90's. Sometime in the early 2000's digital started creeping in, and I let my subscription drop.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just sent them a note requesting a refund of the balance of my subscription, which runs through March 2015. Digital Photo Pro holds no interest for me. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Goldstein View Post
    I just sent them a note requesting a refund of the balance of my subscription, which runs through March 2015. Digital Photo Pro holds no interest for me. I'm not holding my breath, though.
    I'll be interested in what they say. I'm probably in the same boat. I say that because it depends on "Digital Photo Pro" which I am not familiar with. If it covers hybrid techniques it might be of interest to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I'll be interested in what they say. I'm probably in the same boat. I say that because it depends on "Digital Photo Pro" which I am not familiar with. If it covers hybrid techniques it might be of interest to me.
    Just received an email - they said they'll process my refund. I wonder how many such requests they'll receive.

It's just as well, I suppose. The current incarnation, "photo technique", was a ghost of its glory days under other names. I've been slowly reducing the number of periodicals I receive, and honestly I won't miss this. I'll look through an issue of "Digital Photo Pro" on a news stand sometime.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry, I got confused when I read this. The only magazine I remember by a name like that was Photo-Technik which was a magazine put out by Linhof I think. My dad used to have these in his office when he was working for Kodak. I remember Darkroom Techniques, but didn't realize they changed the name to Photo Technique. The only magazines I've read in 12 years or so, has been B&W Magazine, and few issues of Shutterbug. ( I'm such a stick in the mud )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In the beginning was Darkroom Techniques. It went through several changes of name and focus over the years, the final one being photo technique

RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I believe the name was changed from Darkroom and Creative Camera Techniques to Photo Techniques around 1995.

This used to be my favourite rag. I started reading it in the mid 90's, and have back issues back to their first year. It was a great magazine. I learnt a lot from their excellent articles, especially those written by Phil Davis. I subscribed 'til '05 then stopped as I wasn't interested in reading about digital as it slowly took over content. I get a kick out of reading articles from years ago in my darkroom while waiting form carbon tissue to expose. There was so much meat on them bones back then! The only mag I subscribe to now it LensWork, and buy View Camera off the rack from local book store.
    PT had a good run.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I actually subscribed to Digital Photo Pro before my primary interest turned to film photography. It is one of the few digital-oriented magazines that actually discusses photography technique instead of being simply a wankfest over the latest gear (Shutterbug, Popular Photography). I recommend it highly, *IF* you have an interest in digital.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin