Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,771   Online: 824

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have only an "I might get a DSLR for the family snapshots and very low light" interest in digital, but that might be enough reason to get the magazine. I suppose I can try an issue or two.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry to hear this, but not really surprised. I am still working on fleshing out my collection of mid 80's to 00 editionns of this once great publication. Tons of good articles and ideas over that era.

Sell me a set of CD of all of those years html indexed, and with good quality scans in high definition to suit the quality of the pritnting they used to do , and I would fork out $100 for it.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just tried to buy the last five issues (only ones I don't have as my subscription ran out last spring) and I couldn't because I'm not a current subscriber and don't have a login. If I were a current subscriber, I'd have them, wouldn't I? So why put up a barrier for potential new subscribers (too late now) by not allowing non-subscribers to buy back issues? Erg.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I bought Photo Techniques to have the late David Vestal's articles for add to my teaching material. Vestal was just great.
    RJ

Shooter
    35mm
    For those who remember American Photographer was great until they became American Photo. Camera sucked (though I have all the issues}, Aperture has been moribund for decades.
    Last edited by chip j; 01-11-2014 at 03:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Jepsen View Post
    I bought Photo Techniques to have the late David Vestal's articles for add to my teaching material. Vestal was just great.
    I agree Vestal was great. I had not read that he had passed.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmquinn View Post
    I agree Vestal was great. I had not read that he had passed.
    http://theonlinephotographer.typepad...ces-grise.html

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad...rful-life.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    Wendy Erickson, the final editor of PT, is launching a new publishing enterprise:

http://thehandmadephotograph.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chip j View Post
    For those who remember American Photographer was great until they became American Photo. Camera sucked (though I have all the issues}, Aperture has been moribund for decades.
    Decades???????

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Oh....god....please......no....not.....another.... freeking....e-zine.....

You know, I have subscribed to a high quality real print magazine that's got a circulation of only 25,000, and that was more than double its previous circulation for many years. Since the magazine has been around for about 30 years, I have to assume it is profitable. I just can't believe that there aren't 10 or 20 or 30,000 people in the world who would subscribe to a quality ANALOG magazine about ANALOG photography. But I've probably got my head in the sand. Even analog is digital now.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Wendy Erickson, the final editor of PT, is launching a new publishing enterprise:

http://thehandmadephotograph.com/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin