Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,894   Posts: 1,520,901   Online: 981

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Last issue of Photo Techniques

I got my issue of Photo Techniques yesterday and it included the announcement that it's the last issue. Subscribers will receive Digital Photo Pro for the rest of their terms. Glad I didn't renew for longer. :-(

Not a word about it I could find on here, either. Of course all print media is suffering with the Internet, but I'll miss it. It was a shadow of its former self but still had a good issue from time to time. In the heyday of Darkroom Techniques and Darkroom and Creative Camera Techniques it was a positively superb magazine and resource.

Farewell DT, C&D, CC&DT, and PT.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Say it isn't so. I have let all of my other photo mag. subs. go as they were all digital (and mostly digital gear review). This was the only mag. that gave decent analog info any more. This is really bad.

They even have an article in the current issue "Handcrafting Light-Sensitive Photographic Paper"

PS I have most of the old issues saved going back to about 1980.
    Last edited by brianmquinn; 11-09-2013 at 11:51 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I remember a magazine which I bought at 1985. It was thin and may be British. I remember it as Photo Techique not Techniques but 30 years ago , may be I am wrong. Is that the same magazine ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmquinn View Post
    Say it isn't so. I have let all of my other photo mag. subs. go as they were all digital (and mostly digital gear review). This was the only mag. that gave decent analog info any more. This is really bad.

They even have an article in the current issue "Handcrafting Light-Sensitive Photographic Paper"

PS I have most of the old issues saved going back to about 1980.
    Yep, you have the current issue. Go to the front and read "From the Editor" and the blurb on the opposite page.

Shooter
    35mm
    Be careful. Announcing anything as discontinued here is considered rumor. Trust me I know.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It says so right there in the magazine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, and I was thinking of re-subscribing because they were carrying more analog-based articles I was interested in. If anyone has the last several issues and wants to sell them to me, I might be interested, though.

Shooter
    35mm
    This is devastating news. I thought I could always rely on Photo Techniques to inspire me and supply me with ideas, and I was always impressed with the quality of its format and production. If anyone has suggestions for a print-based alternative that will allow me to keep paying my mortgage, I'd like to hear from you. I still subscribe to Pop Photo, just to make sure I'm not missing the most recent developments in the industry but it is hardly satisfying.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thats bad news, though I haven't read it in years. My money is just too scarce to spend on magazines that are primarily digital, which is why I stopped subscribing to View Camera many years ago. It sucks that I miss some analog articles, but I can't afford to pay a subscription for a magazine if I'm only getting an article.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin