Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,725   Online: 802

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Funny, but back in 1984-88, when I was helping Al Gore invent the internet, I saw none of this coming. Too busy writing code, I guess. Or too dumb.
    You're pulling our leg. Algore invented it all by himself.
    And without him, this world would not have nearly as much hot air.
    Last edited by Tom1956; 11-14-2013 at 12:21 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've got a buddy who calls me up and talks my ear off for an hour about how his digital camera actually records the atoms that make up the molecules in a picture. Like I care. Thinking of changing my number. Wonder if it annoys him when I tell him a cell phone can do that too. And I don't even have a cell phone and don't want one. My Dad offered to sign me up and pay for the service on one. No thanks. People with cellphones come off like they have the world by the tail. I don't even want to talk to you if you are on one, and don't want to see any picture you took with one. Digital schmgiital.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    You're pulling our leg. Algore invented it all by himself.
    Yep. And that's why the whole dang thing is made up of software Al-Gore-ithms.

(Oh gawd. It's way past time for me to go to bed...)

George
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 11-14-2013 at 12:23 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    And that's why the whole dang thing is made up of software Al-Gore-ithms.
    Ken
    Oh.
    My.
    God.
    Did you really type that?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Edited post 61

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Oh.
    My.
    God.
    Did you really type that?
    Not any more...

"They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Large Format
    Me either.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    I've got a buddy who calls me up and talks my ear off for an hour about how his digital camera actually records the atoms that make up the molecules in a picture. Like I care. Thinking of changing my number. Wonder if it annoys him when I tell him a cell phone can do that too. And I don't even have a cell phone and don't want one. My Dad offered to sign me up and pay for the service on one. No thanks. People with cellphones come off like they have the world by the tail. I don't even want to talk to you if you are on one, and don't want to see any picture you took with one. Digital schmgiital.
    How ironic to see this posted on the intardwebs. Are you sure your name is not Jebediah? Do you know how to cultivate a field with a horse and wooden plow?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Do you know how to cultivate a field with a horse and wooden plow?
    Don't need to. I'll bet there's an app for that.

Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Don't need to. I'll bet there's an app for that.

Ken
    Please! Farmville's so 2009!

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin