Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,932   Posts: 1,585,473   Online: 948

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Nevertheless Lomography at the moment actually offers it as "Colournegative Infraredfilm"

(At least in their German Version of their shop. Lomography do not let me access another language version.)
    Oh that's strange, on the American version it specifically says that it's a color negative film and that they've duplicated the look of color infrared but they've done this by changing the response to the different dye couplers so that for example green turns out to look purple, but it's only a trick of the chemistry, not that it's actually picking up infrared light.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I'm so glad you said that, it bothered me that somebody else suggested otherwise, but I couldn't remember exactly where I read about where it came from, I knew that it was C-41 but I can't remember who we discovered the company was, I believe it's FOMA of course the company would never admit this because they want to make it look special, but I'm pretty sure that they is produced by either Rollei or FOMA...
    I doubt Foma can do colour.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    Ahh, You're right! it probably is Rollei then! it's definitely not Kodak either way.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    But Rollei has no coating facility.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    But Rollei has no coating facility.
    Then who is left the next he makes collar film? I forget now because I know that a couple of those companies like Adox/AGFAfoto/Rollei subcontract out and they're all made it one place, and then all three companies sell the products under their own names, or something like that, so I'm sorry if I'm mistaken it gets really complicated over there. Hah!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agfa-Gevaert Belgium and InovisCoat Germany coat colour photo materials in Europe. Harman is able to coat colour too.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Agfa-Gevaert Belgium and InovisCoat Germany coat colour photo materials in Europe. Harman is able to coat colour too.
    Ok then it's Agfa film, ilford is able, but not willing

Which is a smart move on ilfords part, when all the other film companies close, then they will do color

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They used to make colour films and have a colour paper confectioning plant that's a joint venture with Fuji.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Ok then it's Agfa film, ilford is able, but not willing

Which is a smart move on ilfords part, when all the other film companies close, then they will do color
    Why would other companies close? The more the merrier.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    They used to make colour films and have a colour paper confectioning plant that's a joint venture with Fuji.

Ian
    Do you know whay they quit the colour business?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin