Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,536   Posts: 1,572,737   Online: 768

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here they're open about it
    As I said they state different in their german version. Whether there is a mistake behind it or a kind of beating around the bush that went astray, I don't like that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Full range of film means you need traditional grain 100-ish speed back, bring back plus x on special runs for fun!
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dehk View Post
    Full range of film means you need traditional grain 100-ish speed back, bring back plus x on special runs for fun!
    I was never too impressed by plus X, though I've only shot about to Propac's worth of 120, I was told that Eastman Double-X movie stock film is similar to plus X, however I don't think it looks the same, but I very much love – and I am about to special order some, sadly it only comes in 35mm.

I also like double X because it is a 200-250 ASA film so it's a little more versatile in different lighting situations.

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I was never too impressed by plus X, though I've only shot about to Propac's worth of 120, I was told that Eastman Double-X movie stock film is similar to plus X, however I don't think it looks the same, but I very much love – and I am about to special order some, sadly it only comes in 35mm.

I also like double X because it is a 200-250 ASA film so it's a little more versatile in different lighting situations.

I've always liked Plus-X, and I think it works well for me.

I'll be interested to see if Stone agrees
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Kodak Alaris and Lomography Partner Up, Vow to Keep Film Photography Alive

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I've always liked Plus-X, and I think it works well for me.

I'll be interested to see if Stone agrees
    Well as it's been pointed out to me many times recently, you can FIX anything in the printing process...

Of all the shots that I ever took on plus X, there was only one roll that I was really happy with, and it happened to be at the end of the day with the light from the side of the sky really illuminated and gave good highlights.

This is it, they weren't supposed to be more than vacation shots so my apologies if they aren't completely artistic...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384838003.294150.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	77179
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384838012.909214.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	77180

PS I completely understand your hint Matt, so I look forward to whatever it is, however knowing that it's a postcard I guess it's probably not going to be in the "style" that I am known for ...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would have thought that the closest thing to Plus-x in the MP range would have been MP Plus-X, not Double-x, but I know they are all a bit different, and it depends on what qualities you are comparing. I shot about 800 feet of Double-X back when you could still find short ends. It's nice, to me it seemed closest to the older tri-x, like the the tri-x I shot in the early 80's. They have improved away a little of it's character since then. Anyway I would love to see them do something that would be very easy to do: 35mm 36exp. Factory loads of MP stock. It would be great to see some of those other emulsions out there, easy to get and use.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    I would have thought that the closest thing to Plus-x in the MP range would have been MP Plus-X, not Double-x, but I know they are all a bit different, and it depends on what qualities you are comparing. I shot about 800 feet of Double-X back when you could still find short ends. It's nice, to me it seemed closest to the older tri-x, like the the tri-x I shot in the early 80's. They have improved away a little of it's character since then. Anyway I would love to see them do something that would be very easy to do: 35mm 36exp. Factory loads of MP stock. It would be great to see some of those other emulsions out there, easy to get and use.
    Well they still make it in 400' cans, and rakpak? Sells re-rolled spools of it here, just search.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    i have always liked plus x, and have been lucky to buy a suitcase full of plus x
    when it became available ( and i am still nibbling my way through it ) it has a nice feel to it
    not as slow and grainless as pan x and not as nosograinless as tr ix ... and it likes coffee and looks beautiful when processed in sprint developer.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Well they still make it in 400' cans, and rakpak? Sells re-rolled spools of it here, just search.
    hi stone

have never bought any of
    the MP films to shoot in my 35 because dealing with 400 feet of film can be
    well, to put it mildly .. a pain ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    I would have thought that the closest thing to Plus-x in the MP range would have been MP Plus-X, not Double-x, but I know they are all a bit different, and it depends on what qualities you are comparing. I shot about 800 feet of Double-X back when you could still find short ends. It's nice, to me it seemed closest to the older tri-x, like the the tri-x I shot in the early 80's.
    I would agree. I have about 300' of Double X left from a 400' spool and find it much more as you describe than like Plus-X.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    I would agree. I have about 300' of Double X left from a 400' spool and find it much more as you describe than like Plus-X.
    I think about 300' would fit in the Alden200 bulk loader? I'll find out soon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin