Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,959   Posts: 1,523,046   Online: 1192

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    i have always liked plus x, and have been lucky to buy a suitcase full of plus x
    when it became available ( and i am still nibbling my way through it ) it has a nice feel to it
    not as slow and grainless as pan x and not as nosograinless as tr ix ... and it likes coffee and looks beautiful when processed in sprint developer.

hi stone

have never bought any of
    the MP films to shoot in my 35 because dealing with 400 feet of film can be
    well, to put it mildly .. a pain ...
    WELL maybe you should try some...

The guy I mentioned says he's asked a few of his normal special order people, and had some positive responses so actually they are seriously looking into ordering a large special order of double X in 4x5.

I'm going to make a special forum thread for it but I figured since were talking about it anyway...

He doesn't have any figures yet, but said anyone interested, go here.... Fill out the form (simple form) and make sure you list ROUGHLY how many boxes you would want (I'm assuming they come in 50 sheet boxes like other kodak 4x5.

http://canhamcameras.com/kodakform.html

Anyone who is interested for real, fill it out, only if enough people fill it out, will he have Kodak do the actual math to find out how much it would cost, which takes them a little while because they're dealing with two different companies, the sheet film product sales company, that cuts down the film, and the movie stock company that makes the movie stock.

Thanks guy!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Well they still make it in 400' cans, and rakpak? Sells re-rolled spools of it here, just search.
    Oh I know. I'm thinking bigger than that. More emulsions, not just double-x packaged and sold to people who don't want 400ft. or don't want to go through some reseller.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    I shot about 800 feet of Double-X back when you could still find short ends. It's nice, to me it seemed closest to the older tri-x, like the the tri-x I shot in the early 80's.
    I as well thought it was much closer to "older" Tri-X than Plus-X but who am I to argue with Stone?

It was nice when Film Emporium would sell it from between .14 to .18 per foot for the "short ends".
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    I as well thought it was much closer to "older" Tri-X than Plus-X but who am I to argue with Stone?

It was nice when Film Emporium would sell it from between .14 to .18 per foot for the "short ends".
    Yup. That's where I got it from too. It's harder to find good film cheap these days.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Kodak Alaris and Lomography Partner Up, Vow to Keep Film Photography Alive

Yes it comes in 400 foot and 1000 foot lengths.

Just so you know I'm nobody and I'm often wrong haha per the "who am I to argue with Stone" comment. Lol

I used to get my re-rolled double-x from ... Rakpak? Gah! I can never remember his name! Lol he's on here, and the prices are actually fairly reasonable.

Edit: his name here is NickRapak

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes it comes in 400 foot and 1000 foot lengths.
    Every time I checked, the price per foot was identical on the 400 and 1000 ft rolls. So there seemed to be no particular reason to get the 1000 ft roll; why compound the problem of cutting it into smaller rolls?! I have a split reel that will handle 1000 ft, but it just didn't seem worth the bother. But maybe that's just me. (Obviously for someone shooting an actual movie, the 1000 ft roll might be necessary.)

Duncan

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    Every time I checked, the price per foot was identical on the 400 and 1000 ft rolls. So there seemed to be no particular reason to get the 1000 ft roll; why compound the problem of cutting it into smaller rolls?! I have a split reel that will handle 1000 ft, but it just didn't seem worth the bother. But maybe that's just me. (Obviously for someone shooting an actual movie, the 1000 ft roll might be necessary.)

Duncan
    Well definitely they go through probably I would say easily 30-60 1000 feet rolls in a single day on some projects.

If the price is the same, I would buy the 1000' roll and split it up and sell off the stuff I didn't need, you could end up with free film!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If the price is the same, I would buy the 1000' roll and split it up and sell off the stuff I didn't need, you could end up with free film!
    Regardless of what you do with it, I'm just saying I'd personally prefer to get 3 400 foot rolls, for instance, instead of a single 1000 foot roll, to make handling it easier. Unless for some reason you needed or could only afford precisely 1000 feet.

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well definitely they go through probably I would say easily 30-60 1000 feet rolls in a single day on some projects.
    Where are you sourcing this data from?
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin