Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,247   Online: 1161

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Well definitely they go through probably I would say easily 30-60 1000 feet rolls in a single day on some projects.
    30-60 thousand feet a day, not really. I'm not saying it hasn't happened but multiple camera tv shows that run 2-3 cameras or sitcoms like Friends that used 2000' rolls sometimes burn maybe a third of that. features, while often having many cameras (some at high speed) rolling at once, don't have cameras rolling all day like tv does. For example, the last two camera tv show I did burned about 6,000ft/day. If we had a director who never called "cut" (and three cameras), we'd get up to the 11,000 mark.
    Last edited by wildbill; 11-19-2013 at 03:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    You guys are over thinking it. I never use a loader. Just go into a darkroom with your cassettes and load up. Just did 8 rolls yesterday at lunch. Still I think it would be great if KA would do factory loads for those who want to try some of these films and don't want even 100ft. to start. It would be so easy for them to do it, or at least it seems like it would be.
    Different companies, this is movie stock so they would have to ship it to the other company, pay them for the labor to do it, etc, the price would be too much since it can't be done "in house" because they are separate entities.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Different companies, this is movie stock so they would have to ship it to the other company, pay them for the labor to do it, etc, the price would be too much since it can't be done "in house" because they are separate entities.
    I'm not sure it works that way. The stuff is all made in the same factory, doesn't seem like that much of a stretch.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    30-60 thousand feet a day, not really. I'm not saying it hasn't happened but multiple camera tv shows that run 2-3 cameras or sitcoms like Friends that used 2000' rolls sometimes burn maybe a third of that. features, while often having many cameras (some at high speed) rolling at once, don't have cameras rolling all day like tv does. For example, the last two camera tv show I did burned about 6,000ft/day. If we had a director who never called "cut" (and three cameras), we'd get up to the 11,000 mark.
    I was on a movie about 2 months ago they ran at least 40 rolls mixed between 1000' and 400' cans, the loader had his own PA runner because he couldn't leave his dark tent all day they were running through so much film.

When I said 30-60 cans, I meant mixed and matched, although I said 1000' I should have said between the two sizes.

I'm not saying it's common, I'm just saying that it can happen, it was a 14 hour day, and they were running A, B, and C continuously as far as I recall.

I wasn't really focused on that, because that's not my job, however I just happened to observe it and the loader was complaining he couldn't even pee LOL
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    I'm not sure it works that way. The stuff is all made in the same factory, doesn't seem like that much of a stretch.
    Well let's put it this way, I'm trying to order special 4 x 5 sheets of the stuff and the ordering system guy tells me that in fact he does have to go through two companies to get approval both the movie stock and the company for sheet cutting still film....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm sure it's complicated, and these new entities probably don't have all the details worked out themselves, but there would be no need to ship anything anywhere. Anyway, what do I care? I'm a consumer and I'll want what I want, let them figure out how to do it!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well let's put it this way, I'm trying to order special 4 x 5 sheets of the stuff and the ordering system guy tells me that in fact he does have to go through two companies to get approval both the movie stock and the company for sheet cutting still film....
    Isn't 35mm film base thinner than the usual 4x5 film base? That could get interesting...

Duncan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    Isn't 35mm film base thinner than the usual 4x5 film base? That could get interesting...

Duncan
    if its like aero film it curls like mad

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    if its like aero film it curls like mad
    I don't think it's *that* thin, but might still have some issues with staying flat in the film holder.

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Found an old thread with some numbers:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/3...m-support.html

Duncan

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin