Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,160   Online: 733

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiithulhu View Post
    If everyone breathes air then no one self-identifies as an air breather, and you wouldn't find anyone on a google search for "people who breathe air."
    Unless you are looking for breatharians - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inedia
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiithulhu View Post
    If everyone breathes air then no one self-identifies as an air breather, and you wouldn't find anyone on a google search for "people who breathe air."
    YAWN

the same can be said of photographers who use analog materials, they all identify themselves as photographers ...
    not sure what your point is ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Thanks for the link, interesting, but like MDR mentions, I would question the choice of photographers. When I think about film photographers, I could name lots of really good ones, but at the moment can’t think of any really good digital photographers. There must be some, can someone enlighten me with a few names I could google?
    You're kidding right?

There are many great photographers who are using digital. If you cannot find them, it's because you choose not to.
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    You're kidding right?

There are many great photographers who are using digital. If you cannot find them, it's because you choose not to.

and some of them are right over on DPUG making mind blowing gravures

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    You're kidding right?

well can you help me out here by naming a few?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Couldn't watch the whole thing, but I applaud them for making it. Yeah, it has that kind of "film is a lifestyle, maaan" college drop out vibe, but still of value.

The reason you won't see the same kind of video with established art/commercial photographers is there's a tendency for them to appear like adverts. And I can imagine the big guys have to protect their credibility with their audiences.

Popular art photographers like Todd Hido, who shoot solely Portra, and may even have some kind of relationship with the company, admittedly, have the biggest marketing power. You have to wonder why Kodak doesn't at least try to work with this in some subtle way.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Last edited by jnanian; 11-19-2013 at 03:57 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: NVM

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    You have to wonder why Kodak doesn't at least try to work with this in some subtle way.
    Kodak is run by wrong people taken, I duno, from the Moon ? Soo removed from the reality.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    well can you help me out here by naming a few?
    Michael Wolf, Burtynsky does now I believe, Gregory Crewdson, Lauren Marsolier, David Eustace for more conservative tastes. To name a few I've been looking at recently.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    Michael Wolf, Burtynsky does now I believe, Gregory Crewdson, Lauren Marsolier, David Eustace for more conservative tastes. To name a few I've been looking at recently.
    Thanks, and I would agree with you about Burtynsky, but not the others.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin