Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,148   Online: 844

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Why shoot film - a short film about film users

An indie film about why photographers shoot film. It came up with a Kodak Professional logo on the facebook page, but I'm not sure why. Did they pay for it? Worth watching.

Thanks, papagene for posting this on Facebook.

OK, figured it out (not hard, just had to look!) The film was first posted on Kodak Professional Page.
    Last edited by Whiteymorange; 11-19-2013 at 06:49 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    good stuff whitey, thanks for posting it, but was THIS film shot on FILM ?

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for the link finally at least some decent pro film marketing though I would question the choice of photographers and calling it a docu.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    P.S. Forgot to ad it seems to be the first results of the Kodak Lomo Partnership the photogs constantly mention Kodak and the insert after the Polaroid Guy mentions the impossible project. If that's the kind of marketing they will do in the future Kodak might have a long term future.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I appreciate the film, but it was hard to look past the guy wearing the silly animal hat. har har.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for posting, Sir. An enjoyable view, and one which echoes many of my sentiments re the virtues of film!
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    no, it wasn't shot on film. kinda ironic.
    kodak sponsored it- gave them some rolls of film
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks for the link, interesting, but like MDR mentions, I would question the choice of photographers. When I think about film photographers, I could name lots of really good ones, but at the moment can’t think of any really good digital photographers. There must be some, can someone enlighten me with a few names I could google?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    can’t think of any really good digital photographers. There must be some, can someone enlighten me with a few names I could google?
    If everyone breathes air then no one self-identifies as an air breather, and you wouldn't find anyone on a google search for "people who breathe air."

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin