Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,848   Online: 1065

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    This is a problem all photochemical industry has to face.
    -) this is not confined to colour film

-) this is not even confined to availability of ingredients necessary for manufacture, but even applies to the communication about those substances

-) the industry did lay out their view on this matter on the political level

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ilford Factory Tour - an outstanding Event!

Hello,

back to topic, the ‘Ilford Factory Tour’:
    Last week I had the pleasure to join one of the factory tours. It was absolutely fantastic!
    Dear Michelle, Helen, Simon and Howard, a big “thank you” to you and all your colleagues at Ilford for the outstanding factory tour! It has been so interesting and fascinating.
    And so perfectly organized!
    I've joined quite a lot of factory tours in my career, not only in the photo industry, but also in several industrial sectors, but the Ilford factory tour has been a real highlight.

I have so much respect for the outstanding job you and your colleagues at Ilford have done in the last years.
    Despite the paradigma change in the photo industry, despite the "digital tsnumai", despite all these very big difficulties, you have been successful in keeping this huge factory running.
    With a clear vision, keeping the whole product portfolio alive. No other manufacturer has done that.
    Really an outstanding job! It is like a little miracle.
    Thank you very much for that!
    Because as an enthusiast photographer I am benefitting from that: I can continue using the products I like and need for my photography.
    You have supported me as a photographer, so I will continue to support you as a manufacturer.
    We’ve clearly seen the passion the Ilford team has for their products. They are really committed to film. That’s exactly what the market needs.

Best regards,
    Henning

P.S.: The tour was not only so much informative, but also very entertaining:
    Simon, if you and Howard would make a little “Ilford stand-up comedy show”, it will be a great success, and you could probably double the Ilford profits .
    Wonderful British humor at its best.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Henning,

So pleased you enjoyed it, it was good to meet you as well...

Regarding XP2 Super and the notes about the chemical that we must replace ( DBT ). This is currently being worked on by our R&D and Product Technology Group. In common with many chemicals and components used in the assembling and coating of film and paper products DBT is used in tiny, tiny concentrations but is an important additive. We face these type of issues on a regular basis and we have the technology and the skills required to reformulate, and the facilities to manufacture our own chemical solutions for whatever product so as we can continue to manufacture the whole ILFORD range, that as I have already explained is our intention to continue so to do, all product families will continue to be manufactured and that most certainly includes XP2 Super.

The skill is to ensure that after this, and any other change forced upon us for whatever reason, is to ensure whichever product or products that are affected continue to perform and behave in exactly the same way and produce exactly the same result, I have not one iota of doubt that we will achieve this is the case of XP2 Super and any other product similarly affected in future.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Happy to read good news.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Simon. That settles it for me. Still leaves the question about colour film but the makers of those will either solve the issue or not but as we never hear from them then we'll only know they haven't managed to solve it when they announce the end of colour film production.

Here's hoping that in this case we never hear any announcement

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Pentaxuser

They will solve it, I have absolutely no doubt.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Simon. I don't think you'd have "stuck your neck out without good reason" so that's everything settled now

pentaxuser

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin