Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,225   Online: 833

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Ilford Tour Report Link

I haven't noticed a link to this, (If I've missed it, apologies for duplication) but I was there, and this sums up the tour perfectly. Many thanks to Dave Parry for taking the time to report, and repeated thanks to Ilford for organising.

http://www.daveparryphotography.co.u...ng-ilford-tour

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

I just wanted to say a thank you to Mr.Rusty for posting this and a special thank you to everyone who came and visited with us, especially those who travelled from the USA and Europe.

It really was great to have such positive and engaging groups, I know our staff enjoyed your visit as well.

One more tour this coming week and then we are finished for 2013, who knows we may arrange again for 2014 ( perhaps when it is a bit warmer ! ) to get the positive feedback on the tour is great and we are pleased you felt 'part of the family' if only for a day.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Simon, I think we will feel part of the family for a long time to come.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/red_eyes_man/

Photographer not a job description - a diagnosis.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wish I could have made one of these. Perhaps the year after next?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great write-up, thank you.

I didn't realise there was another tour this week. Anyone knows when is that?
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This coming thursday

But not for APUGGERS I'm afraid

Simon ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A long and expensive drive put me off going, but I would love to have gone. Dave Parry's report is excellent.

Simon, can you confirm or clarify the following comment made in his blog post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parry
    an ingredient of one of their current films being subject to new legislation which will make it illegal to produce as of 2015.
    I don't expect you to reveal trade secrets of course, but is this an accurate representation of something Harman are having to manage?

(wondering if it's related to sensitising dyes for SFX)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think it was XP2...? They said they'd made a bit already to last a while, but were working on a way around the latest EU restrictions to keep the product going i.e an alternative 'ingredient'.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpres View Post
    I think it was XP2...? They said they'd made a bit already to last a while, but were working on a way around the latest EU restrictions to keep the product going i.e an alternative 'ingredient'.

I wonder what is peculiar to XP2+ or Fuji 400 B&W chromogenic which Harman make that isn't in other C41 colour films or might it be that the ingredient applies to colour film as well although this isn't Harman's worry.

How optimistic was Harman about solving the issue? Take away XP2+ and by that token Fuji as well I'd have thought and that leaves Kodak's chromogenic of which I am not a fan at all and wouldn't use.

A bit worrying

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike, it's all on Ilfordphoto.com under Health & Safety.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin