Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,575   Online: 952

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

from phone to Instax

Fuji announced the coming release of light-printer that can be connected via WiFi to a Android- and IOS-phones and by that download a file to expose onto Instax-Mini film.

Aside of a new market for that film (but also competition for the Instax cameras) I do not know what that means to us.
    Maybe some hybrid orientated DIY fellow can begin something with that printer.

http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n140106_09.html

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Hopefully that means Instax will be around longer. I do not see them announcing hybrid printer setups for their FP100C.

Shooter
    Holga
    The most troubling question is about printing-out paper. How many lists it will be able to charge in this gadget and how much will it cost

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The advised resale price in Germany for the printer will be 150€€.

20 films (print papers) are on sale in Germany for about 14€.€
    (These are the same films the smaller Fuji instant camera takes.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a feeling this product was designed to compete with The Impossible Instant Lab: https://www.the-impossible-project.c...ts/camera/iil/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    These products remind me of Kodacraft (except, you know, minus the craft)- it's kind of come full circle, instead of a box camera, one has a smartphone, but the prints are the same size.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kuparikettu View Post
    I have a feeling this product was designed to compete with The Impossible Instant Lab: https://www.the-impossible-project.c...ts/camera/iil/
    I totally forgot about this device.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kuparikettu View Post
    The difference being the Fuji printer will probably be a real product.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That Impossible enlarger is listed at their shop.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    The difference being the Fuji printer will probably be a real product.
    Sorry, nonsense.
    The Impossible instant lab is a real product. Contains a high quality Tessar design lens. It is built in Germany at the former Rollei factory (now DHW Fototechnik; in this factory also all Rollei TLRs, the Hy6 Mod.2, the Xact camera, and all new Rollei slide projectors are currently build new).
    The instant lab is available online in the Impossible shop, in hundreds of Impossible partner stores worldwide, and in Europe also in the Apple stores (!), because it is designed to work with Iphones.

All the former Kodak people here in the last years said instant film will be dead.
    Just the opposite happened: Instant film, both Impossible and Fuji Instax are successful and have increasing sales.
    Fuji sold 1,5 million Instax cameras last year!
    They even make advertizing for it in TV spots in Asia!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin