Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,034   Online: 748

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Maybe not

Quote Originally Posted by MFstooges View Post
    Movie pirates should rejoice. They can make hundred and hundred of lossless copies and with cheaper cost.
    Some films get pirated today by delivery drivers taking the prints to a digitizing facility. To stop that, a lot of theaters get a heads up on a delivery and are encourage to report any late deliveries. Now, it's all encrypted satellite transmissions. I'm sure some cleaver hacker will find a way to break the encryption like what happened to DVDs. The movie and music industry is always try to stay one step ahead of the pirates. If you want free or cheap movies, travel to Asia. You can buy perfect copies of DVDs with nice packaging for about a $1.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    This goes on and on while Kodak has over 1B $ in their kitty from Sony entertainment. I believe that the contract is for 5 years. So, you can count on film for at least that long and at least from divisions of Sony.

PE
    Let's hope they don't just blow all the money and save some of it for a rainy day...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They will probably develop a new printer!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    They will probably develop a new printer!
    Ink? :/ blah...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Too bad they didn't see fit to send a brand new print for the Australian premiere, especially with the director present.
    Agree. At that point the print supply was in the distributor's hands. I suspect that one of these two prints was from a master neg not an intermediate, had been to Cannes and was on that occasion in good shape and considered fit for local premiere, but not so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Some films get pirated today by delivery drivers taking the prints to a digitizing facility. To stop that, a lot of theaters get a heads up on a delivery and are encourage to report any late deliveries. Now, it's all encrypted satellite transmissions. I'm sure some cleaver hacker will find a way to break the encryption like what happened to DVDs. The movie and music industry is always try to stay one step ahead of the pirates. If you want free or cheap movies, travel to Asia. You can buy perfect copies of DVDs with nice packaging for about a $1.
    Give it 10 years when all the old projectors and digitisers have been junked, and some genius will come up with the idea of sending out film prints as a way to beat all the pirates hacking encrypted satellite transmissions...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Give it 10 years when all the old projectors and digitisers have been junked, and some genius will come up with the idea of sending out film prints as a way to beat all the pirates hacking encrypted satellite transmissions...
    A catapault? Or use of of Amazon's drones.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I wonder if our gigantic hole in the ground up the street, which is going to become the new Pacific Film Archive, is going to actually show film.
    Otherwise they should be honest enough to rename it as the Pacific Pixel Archive. Oh well, between that new UC building and the latest Forrest Gump football scholarship fund, there's only going to be a few thousand exceptional Calif students each year who can't afford to attend there anymore.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I keep saying how many young people I run into that *LOVE* shooting film and how they are not only not jaded from losing products that very few ever used but are amazed at how many great films there are out there.

So every year, I shoot black and white at the Winter X Games and this year it is some of my Kodak HIE in 35mm & 120. Today, this 21 year old woman was over the moon to see me shooting a Nikon FM3A and Hasselblad. We talked for awhile and she really echoed what I have been telling you all for years, stop pining for what we no longer have, get out and crush it with fresh imagery on film, because that is what moves film forward, not AARP conventions of how it used to be....

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    I keep saying how many young people I run into that *LOVE* shooting film and how they are not only not jaded from losing products that very few ever used but are amazed at how many great films there are out there.

So every year, I shoot black and white at the Winter X Games and this year it is some of my Kodak HIE in 35mm & 120. Today, this 21 year old woman was over the moon to see me shooting a Nikon FM3A and Hasselblad. We talked for awhile and she really echoed what I have been telling you all for years, stop pining for what we no longer have, get out and crush it with fresh imagery on film, because that is what moves film forward, not AARP conventions of how it used to be....
    Cool, do you ever use an IR filter with HIE or not? Glad you keep on going.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin