Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,398   Online: 1085

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112

Shooter
    35mm
    most movies you saw from the past 10-15 years have been scanned, edited and graded digitally and recorded back onto film for ditribution.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by visualbassist View Post
    most movies you saw from the past 10-15 years have been scanned, edited and graded digitally and recorded back onto film for ditribution.
    I bet it's been even longer than that ;-0
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Doc Martin

I was listening to Rick Steves' radio show interviewing Martin Clunes. He's the producer and Mr. Clunes says it's shot on film. He says he liked the look of it. The show does looks lushous to me.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format

Doc Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    ...Martin Clunes. He's the producer...
    Actually, his wife Philippa Braithwaite is the producer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    ...and Mr. Clunes says it's shot on film. He says he liked the look of it...
    During its fundraising right now, our local PBS station is running a "making of" short about the program that was shot last year during Series 6 production. I was excited to no end when it revealed that film cameras are still being used. One can actually see a magazine being attached to one.

Thanks for the tip; I'll try to find an on-line way to hear that Rick Steves interview.

EDIT: OK, here's the link:

Clunes' interview starts at 33:30. Steves does call him co-producer, although on-screen credits identify only Braithwaite. The shot-on-film comments can be found from 39:00 - 39:20.
    Last edited by Sal Santamaura; 02-03-2014 at 10:06 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin