Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,231   Online: 739

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just picked up that edition in Sainsbury's tonight, I shall look forward to reading it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Starting on page forty nine is the feature I mentioned earlier suggesting some medium format cameras as well as the X-Pan for landscape use. The first image in the article is captioned 'This picture was shot using medium format film for a smooth gradation of tones that is difficult to achieve when shooting digital images'.

Steve.
    To whom should we accredit the above quote, Steve? If it is the AP editorial staff then that is surely a sign of AP hedging its bets on what to it was the inal demise of film and the darkroom with its slow processes and smelly chemicals and yesterday's "greybeards" .

In the magazine game you need to recognise the sense of appearing to be riding with the hounds while supporting the game fox if he appears to stand a chance of survival

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Steve, it was a good edition. There were a few film-mentions in there, and Roger Hicks as usual gets in a good mention at the end about film and digital co-existence. I've always found the editorial staff pretty even-handed in the treatment of film vs digital, I've had a few pro-film 'Backchats' published in the past. I notice that the prize for 'letter of the week' is no longer a choice between some film or a memory card, it's just a memory card. When I got letter of the week I got sent 20 rolls of Fuji Superia 200. Not a film I usually use, but it works really nicely in my cardboard pinhole camera as my Olympus Trip 35.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin