Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,565   Posts: 1,573,466   Online: 767

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NFL and Kodak

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    This is interesting. My 17 year old son asked me the other day, "how come the 'replay' footage of games from recent past seasons looks 'old' and live action is so 'crisp'?" I'll bet the network (FOX, in this case) is using film from NFL films to show game snippets from very recent previous years. This has to be a very deliberate choice as the taped/digital footage must be available to the network.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    None of our family digital photographs from the 1920s and 1930s have survived.
    Woa, didn't you make back ups?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Which article? I did not read that.
    The TV spot posted above
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    not really.
    the arri sr's only go to 120fps and that's easily obtainable with many current video cams. 150fps burns up a 400ft load pretty quickly.
    My iPhone does 120fps....
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    BTW I was even surprised to hear they record football games at all let alone on FILM, I thought I was confused at first and that NFL was some other thing... So they actually RECORD and save whole football games? Why? ....

NOT a sports watching fan....
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Not only that, rabid sports fans pay for "coaches film" so they can rewatch every play and analyze teams and other such things in lieu of having a life.
    Nice work. You have a very talented computer.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Not only that, rabid sports fans pay for "coaches film" so they can rewatch every play and analyze teams and other such things in lieu of having a life.
    That's insane! Get out and play yourself! Instead they get fat on chips and dip and yell at a box with light coming out of it, we are much cooler, we get out there and put light INTO a box

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most elite-level athletic performances have a beauty when viewed in ultra-slow motion that often escapes the eye at normal speeds. American football is one. Basketball more so. Even baseball, that slowest and most asymmetric of all games.

Have you ever watched an ultra-slow motion major league pitcher's curve ball from the batter's point-of-view? It's an astounding visual to actually see the "red dot" that elite hitters can pick out with ease, judge its location on the ball during only a tiny fraction of a second, then adjust their bat motion as they uncoil, and majestically pull that pitch 435-feet over the left field fence.

Even if one doesn't like American football, for similar reasons watching NFL Films can be a visual joy to behold.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you guys had watched some of the NFL Films stuff you wouldn't be wondering what the big deal is. Even if you're not a football fan you'd appreciate what they're doing, it's unique in pro sports and it is really well done.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Today's Superbowl=WASTE OF FILM. Save on processing costs and just chuck it in the trash!
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin