Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,851   Posts: 1,582,856   Online: 827

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: NFL and Kodak

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't watch football, but NFL films are so well done I find I actually enjoy them, most of the time

the slow-mo replays are the best IMO.

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ^Me too.^
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Today, in an interview on the local NBC news, the NFL stated their commitment to film. The person interviewed referred to the ability to view film images directly and to preserve them longer than digital. He discussed their contract with EK for film supplies.

I am sorry that I missed a bit of it, but it does show that film is not dead.

PE
    Wow! I had no idea the NFL shot film. That's really something!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by B&Wpositive View Post
    Wow! I had no idea the NFL shot film. That's really something!
    Some info from the Wiki page:

NFL Films operates its own in-house 16mm and 35mm Color Negative Processing Lab. ... The lab is open to the public for development needs. Clients include feature length and short films shot on location in Philadelphia as well as students at local universities.

Salon.com television critic Matt Zoller Seitz has called NFL Films "the greatest in-house P.R. machine in pro sports history . . . an outfit that could make even a tedious stalemate seem as momentous as the battle for the Alamo."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Films

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Some info from the Wiki page:

NFL Films operates its own in-house 16mm and 35mm Color Negative Processing Lab. ... The lab is open to the public for development needs. Clients include feature length and short films shot on location in Philadelphia as well as students at local universities.

Salon.com television critic Matt Zoller Seitz has called NFL Films "the greatest in-house P.R. machine in pro sports history . . . an outfit that could make even a tedious stalemate seem as momentous as the battle for the Alamo."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Films
    That's cool! I would love to visit just cause and develop a roll as a "college student"
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    NFL Films says they shoot 1000 miles of 16mm film per season.
    It is a lot of 16mm in today's world but not a lot in film terms. That is around 1200 release prints for a 16mm distribution (if there were any still) give or take. A 120 minute 35mm release print is around 2 miles in length and thousands used to be churned out around the world for each film with a global distribution.

1000 miles is better than nothing though, as I still like using S16 so am glad it is still around!

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You compare volumes of release films with that of camera films.

Which can be done estimating the importance for the industry as such. But for a single enterprise using 16mm film today that figure is impressive.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin