Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,263   Posts: 1,660,606   Online: 690

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lee, looking forward to seeing you Monday AM. The quote from above is "a film selection that puts many "pro" stores to shame" and that is not so. Yes, they do sell film and disposable cameras! But not a big selection compared to t-shirts.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    You guys in the Eastman House crowd--you guys sure do know how to rough it. I figure some of you guys are probably somewhere near my Dad's age, and can't REALLY know how to "hang it up", about like my Pop who can't get away from it either. My Dad is an insurance man by profession, and a top notch one. He always cared about the customer first and the claim adjusters after the fire, and a golfer by recreation. As much as I've tried to be a chip off the old block, the idea of being out on the golf course and hanging around the pro shop for recreation makes me think about more pleasurable things, like hanging around the dentist office, waiting for my turn. If I lived in Rochester, I'd have probably spent the greater part of my life hanging around the place up there. More power to you guys. And believe me, being on the golf course is more work than chopping a pickup load of firewood. (I'd rather do that, too).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What Calumet actually say: “Right now, we are developing plans for a return to the US market with retail locations and an online presence." After all the stores in the UK and Europe are thriving and staying open.

It seems that it's the loss of a financial backer which prevented their proposed re-structuring is the reason for the closure.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, they've now removed the official Facebook page as well, which was where, in a past statement, they were going to announce their plans for return/restructuring/liquidation. This bodes poorly.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I was unable to reach the FB page pretty much since the start of this...
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Good gosh! Really hard to read this

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Good gosh! Really hard to read this
    What's hard. They've had to do this to restructure, I guess that way they can ditch the previous investor - it appears they have the assets to meet the liabilities. So no suppliers get burnt.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    What's hard. They've had to do this to restructure, I guess that way they can ditch the previous investor - it appears they have the assets to meet the liabilities. So no suppliers get burnt.

Ian
    The court papers suggest otherwise re the assets, and judging form the list of creditors, they have not paid the bills in a LONG time.
    In any case, they are not in restructuring (like chapter 11) but in chapter 7 (liquidation) and does not look like they will be opening back anytime soon at or all...
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, IIRC from the documents, this is Chapter 7 which is liquidation and not Chapter 11 which is restructuring.

If so, it is goodbye!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, it did say Chapter 7, which is liquidation. But what's interesting is that the company being liquidated is "calumet.com llc". It's at least possible that the stores are structured as a wholly owned subsidiary. But it would be unusual to take the step of actually closing the stores if there was any intent to sell them (within bankruptcy) as an ongoing entity.

Of course, if everything is liquidated, "everything" would include the Calumet brand (if someone wanted to buy it).
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin