Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,360   Posts: 1,682,743   Online: 963

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, IIRC from the documents, this is Chapter 7 which is liquidation and not Chapter 11 which is restructuring.

If so, it is goodbye!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, it did say Chapter 7, which is liquidation. But what's interesting is that the company being liquidated is "calumet.com llc". It's at least possible that the stores are structured as a wholly owned subsidiary. But it would be unusual to take the step of actually closing the stores if there was any intent to sell them (within bankruptcy) as an ongoing entity.

Of course, if everything is liquidated, "everything" would include the Calumet brand (if someone wanted to buy it).
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Calumet C1 8x10 needed a tissue. He's having a hard time...

Ken
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

— Edward Weston, Daybooks, Vol. II, February 2, 1932

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    What's hard.
    tis a local company to me(Chicagoan), just real sad 2nd, chapter 7 is much different than chapter 11, as mentioned above. Just real sad. For eg, friend'o mine has been renting a bunch of equip to aid his artistic vision there lately. Just so sad thinking of all that going south

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I never saw you at Penn Camera.
    Ha! Yes, not too many robots with a severe thirst for beer hanging around Tysons! Well, maybe over at Crate and Barrel...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I stopped going into any local camera stores more often than once every couple of years when I could no longer get most chemicals or any sheet film in most of them. And I've never been able to get 8x10 film in any brick and mortar store in the DC area for at least 15 years. So the only effect on me is that now I'll have to get my 120 film through B&H just as I've been doing with sheet film for the past 15 - 20 years. Not much of a hardship.

I kinda figured they wouldn't last long when they took over Penn Camera and stocked less film, the few chemicals they had been stocking disappeared, and they stopped selling photographic paper.

What did they expect? People go to brick and mortar camera stores to see what equipment they're going to order from Amazon or B&H. Nobody buys anything from them anymore. Did they really expect to successfully compete with online retailers?

BTW, you can still get these, too, just like buggy whips. As long as someone manufactures film, I'll be able to buy it. From someone. If they stop manufacturing I'll pour plates if I'm still alive.
    Last edited by c6h6o3; 03-15-2014 at 11:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Given how they treated employees, if I had rental equipment, I'd have them come and get it.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I loved the pictures of the employees bringing flowers; as in a funeral!! someone should buy up the rights to the Zone VI line and start to remake some of the equipment that had their stamp on it...timers;print screens; washers;etc
    best, peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Or newsletters?

Ken
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

— Edward Weston, Daybooks, Vol. II, February 2, 1932

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin