Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,539   Online: 1076

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I was unable to reach the FB page pretty much since the start of this...
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Good gosh! Really hard to read this

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Good gosh! Really hard to read this
    What's hard. They've had to do this to restructure, I guess that way they can ditch the previous investor - it appears they have the assets to meet the liabilities. So no suppliers get burnt.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    What's hard. They've had to do this to restructure, I guess that way they can ditch the previous investor - it appears they have the assets to meet the liabilities. So no suppliers get burnt.

Ian
    The court papers suggest otherwise re the assets, and judging form the list of creditors, they have not paid the bills in a LONG time.
    In any case, they are not in restructuring (like chapter 11) but in chapter 7 (liquidation) and does not look like they will be opening back anytime soon at or all...
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    The court papers suggest otherwise re the assets, and judging form the list of creditors, they have not paid the bills in a LONG time.
    In any case, they are not in restructuring (like chapter 11) but in chapter 7 (liquidation) and does not look like they will be opening back anytime soon at or all...
    That is what I feared. I like working with Chip at the Tyson's store.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, IIRC from the documents, this is Chapter 7 which is liquidation and not Chapter 11 which is restructuring.

If so, it is goodbye!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, it did say Chapter 7, which is liquidation. But what's interesting is that the company being liquidated is "calumet.com llc". It's at least possible that the stores are structured as a wholly owned subsidiary. But it would be unusual to take the step of actually closing the stores if there was any intent to sell them (within bankruptcy) as an ongoing entity.

Of course, if everything is liquidated, "everything" would include the Calumet brand (if someone wanted to buy it).
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Calumet C1 8x10 needed a tissue. He's having a hard time...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    What's hard.
    tis a local company to me(Chicagoan), just real sad 2nd, chapter 7 is much different than chapter 11, as mentioned above. Just real sad. For eg, friend'o mine has been renting a bunch of equip to aid his artistic vision there lately. Just so sad thinking of all that going south

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I never saw you at Penn Camera.
    Ha! Yes, not too many robots with a severe thirst for beer hanging around Tysons! Well, maybe over at Crate and Barrel...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin