Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,904   Posts: 1,555,836   Online: 785

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: new kodak ceo.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    CEO's are chosen according to what college fraternity they belong to - who can potentially throw the best party? Frankly, if most of them simply stayed drunken, they'd do less damage to the companies they pretend to run.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Bring on the black and white papers Mr Clark- Lets start with Ectalure and get a fibre paper that is sensitive to laser.
    That is no longer the business of Mr. Cark and Kodak.
    I assume there are clauses in the contract that Kodak may not start on the field they just sold. The same time b&w paper business would be likely be that small that neither Kodak nor Kodak Alaris would bother anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    That is no longer the business of Mr. Cark and Kodak.
    Perhaps the biggest take-away here is that this thread and the Calumet out-of-business thread, both started yesterday within only five hours and seventeen minutes of each other, currently show 3,420 views for Calumet and only 653 views for the new Kodak CEO who is replacing Antonio Perez.

Given the emotionally epic nature of earlier Kodak threads, I think this may speak volumes about the current residual levels of mindshare and perceived relevance of today's Kodak. At one point posters were at each other's throats over Kodak/Perez and the end-of-the-world. Now hardly a peep.

Maybe it's because many still thought there was a chance to right the ship back then, but no chance now?

I guess that boat has not only already sailed. It sank.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ken, I think it's because Kodak is no longer what we were talking about. That place has been taken by Kodak Alaris. And there really isn't much coming out of them for us to talk about.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, that was my point. The ship sank. And the silence is eerie...

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 03-14-2014 at 05:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    Why can't they pick someone, preferably internally, that has some history and knowledge of Kodak
    They did with Dan Carp. He started with Kodak in 1970 and was president and CEO from 2000 to 2005 (between Fisher and Perez and he wasn't any better than either of them).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They went directly from a Fisher to a Carp-- scaling down, perhaps?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope for the best, but don't have much confidence.
    Based to the profile linked earlier, it looks like Clarke's early engagements were more about disassembling once vital companies into acquisition pieces, rather than building them up.
    I hope I am wrong though, we'll see.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    He's keeping his family and home in California and will do his job in upstate NY. Real commitment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Considering what is left of Kodak.... By rights it really should only be a part time job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin