Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,072   Online: 942
      
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 61

Thread: new kodak ceo.

  1. #51

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Enroute
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3 View Post
    I made the switch to Ilford when they announced that 8x10 TMY would become a special order item. I'm so glad I did. Kodak matters to me now about as much as Justin Beiber.
    And this helps us users of Kodak film how?
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

  2. #52
    Ken Nadvornick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Monroe, WA, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,658
    Images
    48
    Perhaps by giving some of those EK/KA people who reportedly secretly inhabit these forums an unvarnished look into the mind of an ex-Kodak film customer. And by extension, other ex-Kodak film customers as well.

    If KA is serious about wanting to use film sales to support those pensioners, this is exactly what they need to hear. One can't even begin to think about correcting a problem until one knows what that problem is. Here, one of their ex-customers is telling them exactly what his problem is. The problem that caused him to stop purchasing their 8x10 TMY product and switch to a competitor.

    I've said this before. That sort of market intelligence and feedback is priceless. It, and all of the other concerns raised here (and everywhere else) regarding Kodak-brand film, should be at the top of the agenda for the very next KA brainstorming session about how to increase film sales.

    If, of course, that's a valid part of what KA wants to continue doing.

    Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

    — Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

  3. #53
    AgX
    AgX is online now

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    9,114
    It took me a while to realize what the KA in this thread stands for... Seemingly I'm still not used to that new comnpany.

  4. #54

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Enroute
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,004
    Nah Ken, Kodak and people who use the products get *nothing* out of hearing the company being compared to Justin Bieber...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Perhaps by giving some of those EK/KA people who reportedly secretly inhabit these forums an unvarnished look into the mind of an ex-Kodak film customer. And by extension, other ex-Kodak film customers as well.

    If KA is serious about wanting to use film sales to support those pensioners, this is exactly what they need to hear. One can't even begin to think about correcting a problem until one knows what that problem is. Here, one of their ex-customers is telling them exactly what his problem is. The problem that caused him to stop purchasing their 8x10 TMY product and switch to a competitor.

    I've said this before. That sort of market intelligence and feedback is priceless. It, and all of the other concerns raised here (and everywhere else) regarding Kodak-brand film, should be at the top of the agenda for the very next KA brainstorming session about how to increase film sales.

    If, of course, that's a valid part of what KA wants to continue doing.

    Ken
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

  5. #55
    Ken Nadvornick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Monroe, WA, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,658
    Images
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    Nah Ken, Kodak and people who use the products get *nothing* out of hearing the company being compared to Justin Bieber...


    Gotta' think it through a little deeper though, Dan...

    In his post the customer stated what the problem was, why the problem happened, what he did to fix the problem, and the degree of anger the problem caused him. By inference, he also made known what remedial action it might take to regain him as a customer. Couldn't have done much better than that with a paid interviewer conducting a market research survey.

    And it didn't cost anyone a thin dime to acquire that data. Or data from any of the other literally hundreds of Kodak-related "interviews" we have seen on APUG over the course of the last five plus years. And not all of them negative toward Kodak, I hasten to add. It's a veritable gold mine of free customer input, to be ignored at peril. IF your plan is to sell more Kodak film, that is.

    The reference to Bieber was just a case of adjusting the volume control on the anger issue. Sort of like when the survey interviewer asks, "On a scale of 1 to 10, how angry were you?"

    Justin Bieber? That piss-ant little guy the Canadians forced us to take when we lost that hockey game?

    Pretty freakin' angry, the OP was... Yep.

    Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

    — Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

  6. #56

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Penfield, NY
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    In his post the customer stated what the problem was, why the problem happened, what he did to fix the problem, and the degree of anger the problem caused him. By inference, he also made known what remedial action it might take to regain him as a customer. Couldn't have done much better than that with a paid interviewer conducting a market research survey.

    And it didn't cost anyone a thin dime to acquire that data. Or data from any of the other literally hundreds of Kodak-related "interviews" we have seen on APUG over the course of the last five plus years. And not all of them negative toward Kodak, I hasten to add. It's a veritable gold mine of free customer input, to be ignored at peril.
    Somehow I doubt Kodak takes anonymous comments from people who won't give their country, much less their state and city or name, very seriously.

    Kudos to you Ken for being one of the rare exceptions.

  7. #57
    Ken Nadvornick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Monroe, WA, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,658
    Images
    48
    Maybe they, or now KA, should start?

    Or maybe they already do, and we just don't know it? In which case telling posters to stop commenting would actually be hurting the effort to improve film sales??



    Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

    — Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

  8. #58
    lxdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Redlands, So. Calif.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,756
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3 View Post
    I made the switch to Ilford when they announced that 8x10 TMY would become a special order item. I'm so glad I did. Kodak matters to me now about as much as Justin Beiber.
    I don't see what's so bad about it becoming a special order item. It's still available, it just has to be cut to order now due to lower volume.
    I sure wish I could get E100G by special order, just in 135 or120.
    Last edited by lxdude; 03-16-2014 at 11:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

  9. #59

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Enroute
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Maybe they, or now KA, should start?

    Or maybe they already do, and we just don't know it? In which case telling posters to stop commenting would actually be hurting the effort to improve film sales?
    I did not tell him to stop, I just think the continual complaining does him no good, just a chance for him to take a jab at KA which is what a lot of enthusiasts on here do because they STILL don't get what a shrinking market film is. Ilford does not regularly stock 16x20 film but they do special runs of it, same with Kodak and 8x10 TMY, it is what it is and it is likely not filling the shelves of brick and mortar again.

    But I get it, it's all Kodak's fault that your friends don't use enough 8x10 sheet film. When it comes to film, I can pretty much assure you that KA's goal is to keep the current films around as long as they can, not add more risk to what is a delicate balance of sustainability.

    A lot of people on here are really blind to what is really going on and what a waste bitching about it is.
    Last edited by PKM-25; 03-16-2014 at 11:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

  10. #60

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    3,573
    It is most likely that the resellers did not want to stock it cause they still had last years on their shelves or in fridges.

    That forces Kodak to only make it to special order until they run out of boxes or something and it disappears.

    The ( too many) 8x10 people having gone to Ilford Forma or xray... already.

    We need a mechanism like Ilfords ULF or stones 5222 where interested parties can haggle for bulk orders. eg like 220 if Kodak still have the bits and pieces.

    But this is the web where silly venting passeth all understanding.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin