Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,828   Posts: 1,582,145   Online: 1066

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The guy at Denver ProPhoto told me the other day that their 2013 film sales were double 2012.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    there is a really bad vibe here at times, people would rather blast Kodak than promote film.
    The vibe of any internet forum or internet comment area is determined by what you decide to focus on. Reminds me of story a Buddhist monk mentioned. He built a wall using 1,000 bricks, and at the end he realized a brick was not right. He felt the entire wall was ruined by this, yet another monk said to him "why focus on that one brick when 999 bricks are perfect?". We spend a lot of time looking at the one crooked brick when there is so much around us that is good. With over 68,000 registered here, never let a few vocal characters weigh you down or dictate the vibe you get. Focus on those participating in a positive way, the rest should be water off a duck's back, ignored or "don't feed the trolls". Just my 2c

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    There is always more that unites us than divides us....

Be passionate, never prejudiced.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    This is the thing. All the photographers I know in real life shoot digital. There is no way to discuss film, either because they never used it, or got out of it years ago. There isn't even a working darkroom in my town.

So, an internet forum about film photography seems the perfect solution?

Well, maybe not. At least not if it is filled with petty squabbling.

But I guess that most people who shoot film in spite of digital, are great individualists. And those will hardly ever agree on anything?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    There is always more that unites us than divides us....

Be passionate, never prejudiced.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    Sage words. And it sums up nicely that it's best to just show our very best film work in an as positive light as possible.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaf-Photo View Post
    This is the thing. All the photographers I know in real life shoot digital. There is no way to discuss film, either because they never used it, or got out of it years ago. There isn't even a working darkroom in my town.

So, an internet forum about film photography seems the perfect solution?

Well, maybe not. At least not if it is filled with petty squabbling.

But I guess that most people who shoot film in spite of digital, are great individualists. And those will hardly ever agree on anything?
    That's exactly why I'm here. I can't find the information I need locally never mind within my own network of people. The things we passionately debate about only shows how committed out interest in the craft is. I'd rather have someone shouting I'm wrong than no one shouting at me at all LOL...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    Ratty, keep the vibe good bud, I am done here, deleted all my gallery images, attachments, I just can't take the crapfest anymore.

I sincerely wish you all the best...

Good bye,

Dan
    Really, this is just bullshit. This says nothing about the apug community and everything about Dan. He just didn't belong here anymore. He probably should have left a long time ago and never recognized it. I wish him all kinds of success in his career. Apug became a drag on him. It's good for everybody that he has left.

I hope that when it is my time to leave, I recognize it and just stop posting without any big public splash.

There is no "bad vibe" here.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin