Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,984   Posts: 1,523,917   Online: 968

Thread: Fathom!!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Fathom!!

Check this out: -

Four corners has announced the launch of FATHOM, a two-year residency programme for 10 London-based artists working in film and photography. During 2014-2015, ten artists will be supported to develop and produce new work, using dedicated space and facilities.

See more at the RPS news pages - or check out the links in the text above! I hope this will really help to showcase film in the UK.
    Cheers,

Jim.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Taylor View Post
    Check this out: -

Four corners has announced the launch of FATHOM, a two-year residency programme for 10 London-based artists working in film and photography. During 2014-2015, ten artists will be supported to develop and produce new work, using dedicated space and facilities.

See more at the RPS news pages - or check out the links in the text above! I hope this will really help to showcase film in the UK.
    Any similar programmes for those based in other parts of the UK?

RR

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is the first time I hear about a sponsorship that is restricted to applicants from one city. Well, it is a large city...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Regular Rod View Post
    Any similar programmes for those based in other parts of the UK?

RR
    Yeah, limiting it to London seemed a bit odd to me as well - the UK isn't THAT big!! It would be great if other things were offered.

The National Media Museum is less than a 5 min. walk from where I work (in Bradford, West Yorks) - I would have thought they would be interested in offering something like this. They seem to partnership quite regularly with the RPS...

Who knows, guess it all comes down to money...
    Cheers,

Jim.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't live in London, and I'm not an "artist" just a photographer, so that's me out of the running.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I don't live in London, and I'm not an "artist" just a photographer, so that's me out of the running.
    Sucks teeth and thinks "artist <-> photographer" debate

I do like the way that it seems to be specifically film-oriented and that should be commended!
    Cheers,

Jim.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Taylor View Post
    Sucks teeth and thinks "artist <-> photographer" debate

I do like the way that it seems to be specifically film-oriented and that should be commended!
    I'm still struggling with photography after more than sixty years, and have no.pretentions of art.
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin