Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,873   Posts: 1,583,545   Online: 885

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Maybe I'll sell the whole property to Dave Lyga. He could make the mortgage for less that the rent on an efficiency apartment in some place like Philadelphia. Hey Stone--you want 18 beautiful acres of hardwoods, pines, and sweetgums and a designer log cabin? You couldn't buy 3 blades of grass off somebody's property in Connecticut for what you could have the whole kit and kaboodle for here.
    I'll even throw in a genuine Merry Tiller and a DR Mower. And I'll let you have a 12 gauge New England Firearms single-shot for the varmints.
    I'll take the photo gear and the RC planes.
    Sure I'll trade you for my 2 family house... It's still worth about $100,000 right now and just needs a little remodeling...

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Bad 8x10 paper negative shot on a dreary day of a beautiful Bob Timberlake 16 year old cabin. As for moving up north, I don't think so. Northerners move down here every day, but when is the last time you heard of it happening in reverse? You people freeze your keisters off up there.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8x10 copy.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	272.0 KB 
ID:	85187

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Sure I'll trade you for my 2 family house... It's still worth about $100,000 right now and just needs a little remodeling...

Wow, that could be from my collection. It instantly brought the smell back.
    If you call it a "prime lens" because it's a fixed-focal length (i.e. not a zoom lens), then as Inigo Montoya said so eloquently, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    In the US a company can write off lease payments at 100% on the taxes. Therefore it is often a wise business decision to lease rather than buy. I do not know the tax laws in England, but I would think that they would be the same in this respect.
    I do not know about an industrial plant over here that was located on ground not owned by the company.

(Recently in the context of chemical "parks" originating from coherent plants that may have changed though.)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    To properly "install" coating equipment the machines must be anchored to the ground in such way that passing traffic does not cause defects in the coatings. Also, the machines must be carefully aligned to prevent kinks. So, moving is not the problem. It is down time and alignment which up the expense of any move.

If Ilford moves (and I did not mean to imply that in my post in any way) it will be very costly in terms of time and money. Most of you do not realize this. It is similar to a chip production area. Moves cause defects.

PE
    Well, Ilford/Harman are no fools, and the public documents indicate that they are backing the plans for redevelopment of the Mobberley site, which include a new factory for them. (The location is on a corner of the current site, already occupied by one of their buildings.) I'm sure that they will have done their homework on all of the implications.

Don't forget that these are the guys who routinely coat film, paper, inkjet, etc., on one machine, which you have implied Kodak find difficult ?

The UK ain't the US, and Ilford ain't Kodak (thankfully ) )

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Bad 8x10 paper negative shot on a dreary day of a beautiful Bob Timberlake 16 year old cabin. As for moving up north, I don't think so. Northerners move down here every day, but when is the last time you heard of it happening in reverse? You people freeze your keisters off up there.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8x10 copy.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	272.0 KB 
ID:	85187
    Ok I accept let's trade
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyMark View Post
    Wow, that could be from my collection. It instantly brought the smell back.
    Yea I had to wash everything it was stinky...

No one was hurt and nothing important was lost. So all is well in my world despite, and I got some cool images at least.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If the biggest problem with moving of coating machines is the resulting downtime of these machines, then what is the problem? It's not like they need these machines spinning 24/7 these days ...
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeofus View Post
    If the biggest problem with moving of coating machines is the resulting downtime of these machines, then what is the problem? It's not like they need these machines spinning 24/7 these days ...
    Down time could be a year and the waste of testing after to ensure and correct issues and no emulsion problems, etc... It's costly... Storing the excess film before shut down to ensure a supply while down.. Etc

Shooter
    35mm

B-17 & B-29

BTW--I've got nothing but respect for Boeing. Any company that have come up with the B-17 and B-29 at that time, with that technology was genius.
    Zowie! Sounds like I might have found a fellow history buff!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin