Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,418   Online: 775

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Which photo plant has been sold since the Agfa/AgfaPhoto case for serious money?
    Well they are selling the park, that's some good pocketable money, it will be ripped apart and squeezed till there's nothing left and then sold off. That's what investment companies are all about now. Again this is all prediction I have no facts, but I would hedge my bets with this in mind.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I have a few speculations ...

1. Kodak-Alaris bought the company to make it APPEAR more appealing and then will sell it off to some sucker who will take the fall while they run away with the cash.
    There you are! I knew I wasn't far of the mark when I introduced the spirit of Gordon Gekko into the scene. KA's sentiments in the above quote could be regarded as "dubious" to say the least but of course there was a period when British actors were in high demand in Hollywood to play all the villains, usually with a London cockney accent which is how we all speak in the U.K. So maybe that kind of villainy has spread from our actors to our businesses

Come to think of it, the poor man with the gun who asked me if I could spare a few pounds did have a passing ressemblance to Alan Rickman or was it Vinnie Jones? Jack Palance eat your heart out

pentaxuser

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    There you are! I knew I wasn't far of the mark when I introduced the spirit of Gordon Gekko into the scene. KA's sentiments in the above quote could be regarded as "dubious" to say the least but of course there was a period when British actors were in high demand in Hollywood to play all the villains, usually with a London cockney accent which is how we all speak in the U.K. So maybe that kind of villainy has spread from our actors to our businesses

Come to think of it, the poor man with the gun who asked me if I could spare a few pounds did have a passing ressemblance to Alan Rickman or was it Vinnie Jones? Jack Palance eat your heart out

pentaxuser
    I don't know any of the names in this post so I'm not sure if you're mocking me, agreeing, or not... Lol

Shooter
    Large Format
    Stone, here's some names for you--Jack Benny, Ed Wynn, Harriet Hilliard, Julie London, Donna Reed, Gracie Allen, Tyrone Power. You young whippersnappers heard of these names?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Stone, here's some names for you--Jack Benny, Ed Wynn, Harriet Hilliard, Julie London, Donna Reed, Gracie Allen, Tyrone Power. You young whippersnappers heard of these names?
    Vaguely but I can't recall from where... I know the important ones like Ginsberg and Margaret Atwood and FDR

Shooter
    Large Format
    Important names like that?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Important names like that?
    We seriously need a NEW new deal...

Shooter
    35mm
    Stone, Alan Rickman was the arch villain in one of the Die Hard films.The other bloke - now there's a real British word was the American hero( Willis? ) and now advertises Sky Broadband on British TV. So fair enough you make villains out of our British actors and we do the same with yours

Vinnie Jones a former football player in the U.K. made or tried to make a name for himself in Hollywood. He obviously failed. I have to refer to him as a football player and dare not use the other U.S. word given Vinnie's tough guy reputation ( superb american phrase of tough guy used to maintain balance) and sensitivity to what he regards as a completely foreign word to describe the game with a round ball and goals that begins with "s"

If none of the above has helped then you'll have to take it from me that there was a period and well within your living memory when in U.S. films Brit = Bad.

We used to be stupid chimney sweeps with phoney cockney accents but that was in Dick Van Dyke's day( Tom, can you help here with a resume of Dick in case he too has sunk without trace?)

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Vinnie Jones a former football player in the U.K. made or tried to make a name for himself in Hollywood. He obviously failed. I have to refer to him as a football player and dare not use the other U.S. word given Vinnie's tough guy reputation ( superb american phrase of tough guy used to maintain balance) and sensitivity to what he regards as a completely foreign word to describe the game with a round ball and goals that begins with "s"

pentaxuser
    Just say he played rugby...
    All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. Choose the one that has heart.

Don Juan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Everybody knows who Dick van Dyke is. I think an education on Julie London is in order though. Wife of Bobby Troup (writer of Route 66).
    Here's Julie:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNPIopXfaE4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQPiV_cauyI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2f40eQcYXk

Enjoy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin