Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,557   Online: 1006

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    You folks realize that without Kodak Park, none of us would ever have known who any of these people are? We'd still be going to town to see a Vaudeville act.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here are some missed points.

1. KA at Harrow does not coat film. Film and paper are not normally coated on the same machines due to the dust from the paper support. I doubt that KA will make film. It will come from Rochester.

2. Kodak in Rochester has cancelled all responsibility to existing pensioners and has no obligations to them.

3. Kodak can make film at any speed that they desire. There has to be a reformulation to do this, I am sure, but they can slow the machines down if they wish.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    All I can say about ilford is they are foolish to not own the properly, too costly to move all that equipment.
    In the US a company can write off lease payments at 100% on the taxes. Therefore it is often a wise business decision to lease rather than buy. I do not know the tax laws in England, but I would think that they would be the same in this respect.

Instead of firing off a posting criticizing a company, that you do some due diligence for a change. A little research you do you a great deal of good.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    All I can say about ilford is they are foolish to not own the properly, too costly to move all that equipment.
    Perhaps they think it is better business sense to focus their resources on photography, and pay another company to be better at managing the grounds and buildings economically than Harman would be themselves.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    In the US a company can write off lease payments at 100% on the taxes. Therefore it is often a wise business decision to lease rather than buy. I do not know the tax laws in England, but I would think that they would be the same in this respect.

Instead of firing off a posting criticizing a company, that you do some due diligence for a change. A little research you do you a great deal of good.
    Well you don't actually buy it with company money you create a shell that manages the property that is a subsidiary or something of the main company and then can still deduct. It's all about loop holes... Anyway I'm not exactly unfamiliar with this stuff, I bought my first rental property at 23....

I didn't say I was good at, as I now have NO properties... But I know stuff ... I especially learned a lot by failing at it... Lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I especially learned a lot by failing at it... Lol
    I think Harmon, like a lot of businesses, have no desire to learn in this way.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I didn't say I was good at, as I now have NO properties... But I know stuff ... I especially learned a lot by failing at it... Lol
    I'd advise them not to take your advice...

Shooter
    35mm

As far as cleanup, my grandfathers estate was 2 hour see and a dry cleaners building, he's been gone for almost 20 years and we are STILL cleaning up the perk (Perchlorethylene) ....

The property lot is only about 1600 square feet...

We've spent well over 1,000,000 to clean it up (we being the estate money).

Good luck to them...
    A few minutes on Google will show that there is a viable plan in progress at the present time by the owners of the property at Mobberley to redevelop the site where Harman Technology is presently situated ; this is intended to put residential development on the presently unused parts, with Harman production moving into a smaller purpose-built unit. All there on public websites. Don't underestimate UK companies and business people.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    I think Harmon, like a lot of businesses, have no desire to learn in this way.
    Even better have Stone give us financial and tax advice and we will do the opposite. We will quickly become Millionaires!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Stone, selling off to some sucker, creating a shell, loop holes etc This really is getting close to Gordon. Was he the one responsible for gas being more expensive in NY and creaming the extra profits by ensuring that no petrol/gas tankers are allowed? I recall someone saying that petrol/gas tankers aren't allowed in NY so petrol is more expensive. Sounds like a Gordon trick Never give the suckers an even break

In the words of the famous U.K. group "10cc"'s song about Wall Street" You've got to stay cool on Wall Street when your index is low, Dow-Jones ain't got time for the bums"

Actually this was many years before Gordon emerged so it would appear that we are the villains and Hollywood's sentiments are fully justified.

We are not as pleasant as I thought. I live in a small, sleepy rural market town in deepest Northamptonshire but even here there are no longer any signs of the "Five families" that once ran the place

pentaxuser

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin